2

Attack

Unknown

I've done it. I've found a group of people who may just be able to stop the enemy. But will they be strong enough as just a trio?

Wynnona

When I wake up it's too the blaring sun. I squint and sit up in bed, rubbing my hands down my tired face. It seems to be getting close to the regular time school starts for the privileged people. Those of us in the slums don't go to school, we can't afford the steep prices of education. I once attended, I can remember the clean smell, the pristine halls and classes. The stuck-up teachers who were annoyed to no end by the slightest disruption. I remember the awesome pranks Brett, Keya, and I used to pull on our teachers. Nothing mean or malicious, just kids being kids.

However, grade 12 rolled around, close to the end of the last month, and I got expelled because of a guy named Gunther Drake. He's an annoying rich kid I once dated. He was asking to get punched in the face after what he did. I hear my phone vibrate from beside me. Glancing over I see a text from Keya.

Can you come give me a ride to school? Her message reads. I check the time and sigh.

Be there in ten. I text back. Standing I grab my jeans and jacket, heading into the tiny bathroom. I look in the mirror, sighing at the sight of my cursed thick hair. I study the mess of blood red hair. It's literally sticking up in every direction.

Sticking my head in the sink I run some water through it brushing it into place. Changing I toss my pjs into my room and head to the kitchen. Slipping on my boots I grab my keys. The notebook from last night catches my eye. Something is pulling me to stay, or at least always keep it on me.

Shaking my head, I feed Stardust and leave. Getting on my bike I zip over to Keya's place. I smile at her when I pull up. She's wearing a pair of overalls with a blue and pink Ombre sweater. She stands up from her seat on the stairs and wonders over.

"That was fast." She tells me, grabbing hold of the helmet I hand her.

"Anything for you baby girl." I tell her as she climbs on behind me. Her arms snake around my waist, clutching onto me tightly. "Ready?" I ask, my voice raised slightly so she can hear me through the helmet.

She nods and I zip off towards the school. We arrive in ten minutes, mostly due to me speeding. And the fact that we're on a motorbike.

Keya gets off and takes the helmet off. I stand up, helping her fix her messy hair.

"Look who it is." A fancy British accent calls tauntingly from beside the two of us. "So, now you're moving in on Brett's girl?" He asks. God, I want to punch his teeth in.

"Just back off, Gunther." Keya warns him, her delicate features set in a glare.

"But I'm curious." Gunther taunts further. "Why are you here?" I turn to fully face the idiot's face.

"You have five seconds to leave." I tell him. If he takes another step forward, he'll be just in arms reach. As predictable as he always is, he steps forward.

"Or what, Gladiator." He taunts further. I try to hide my smirk as I grab his collar, sweeping his feet. He falls to the ground with me. Climbing on top of him I pin both his arms with my knees and hold my fist by my head, ready to strike him.

"Holy crap!" One of his friends' shouts, shocked. Keya smirks down at the stunned Gunther.

"We've been here before, haven't we?" He says with a smirk.

"Yes, but you were far too drunk and passed out before you could finish the job." I say in a sickly-sweet voice. "And you were drunk just so you could get it up." I monotone at the end. His cocky smirk falls, and he starts to struggle against me.