Epilogue

Unknown

Everyone sits around a small table, laughing and smiling. Three slim figures sit in the grass, a distance from the group. One lays in the grass, connected to the universe they were in. The second sits beside her, humoring her foolishness. The third has none of it, standing with his hands stuffed into his pockets, casually watching the group. A little way from the group sits two lovers, sitting in sweet silence. The girl's long black hair blows around her face like a halo, the boy laying in her lap reaching up to brush it behind her ear.

"They are disgusting, the lot of them." Grumbles the man with his hands in his pockets.

"You only say so because your heart is made of ice and coal, if you have a heart." Teases the man on the ground, smiling warmly down at the woman beside him. She rolls her eyes at both men, rolling to her stomach to stare at the two lovers.

"It's sad, they will have to watch their best friend raise their child." She sighs, head falling into her hands.

The boy's hand glitters slightly in the warm sun light, a golden band around his ring finger. His blue eyes lock with the hazel eyes of the dark-skinned woman above him, her slim fingers laced through his brown hair as he cups her cheek. They share a meaningful look, a look sharing the things they feel without the need for words.

"If the two of you are done being teenage love birds, you can join us." Teases the boy's father, Mark. Liam hits his shoulder lightly, smiling warmly at his son. Brett reluctantly stands, helping Keya to her feet. They walk hand in hand to the table, sitting down between the two couples. Conversation is started by Inezze, asking more about the other four. Liam fiddles shyly with his white, knit cardigan. Mark taking his hands and answering the questions for his little spitfire that seemed to have calmed in his age. Brett smiled at his father's, pulling slightly at the somewhat tight collar of his white button-down shirt. Keya dragged her fingers along the beautiful hem of her dress, elegant white stitching making flowers and other designs. She longed to be alive, to stitch such things for her daughter.

"They seem to be getting along fine without your help." The woman laying in the grass spoke aloud, addressing no one in particular. The man standing hummed a response back to her. He had always had a soft spot for this group, those alive and dead. There was a slight rustle in the grass to his right, something whizzing in the wind. His hand lazily lifted from his pocket, catching something the other two couldn't see. The man snapped the head of the arrow off its flimsy stick, turning to glare at the owner of the arrow. He changed his footing, now standing protectively in front of the two people behind him.

"Darn it!" Shouted the red head, tossing her hands into the air in frustration. "I'll get you one of these days." She vowed, pointing a finger at the man. He made no show of emotion towards Artemis.

"I bid her good luck with that." The man on the ground says, wrapping his arms around the woman's waist and pulling her close, protectively. She smiled, looking up at him then the other man.

"I wonder if she's trying to flirt with him again." She says with a small laugh.

"I bid her luck with that too." The man says, kissing her cheek. The man standing does now roll his eyes at the two, glaring at the innocent grass. Artemis comes to join them, surveying the group chatting at the table as she sits down.

"Join us?" She offers to the standing man. He glowers coolly at her, turning his attention away. The woman on the ground smirks, hooking her fingers through the back-belt loops on his pants, pulling hard. He lets out a loud, gurgled noise of surprise, falling back into her open arms, head against her chest as he looks up at her. Some of his perfect hair falling into his eyes.