21

Problem

Giovanni

This is not good. Wynnona and Athena have been taken by Needledrop. Roe is bleeding out. There is a traitor and I know who it is. Jake got rather upset with me when I told him. He is currently working on Roe's shoulder, asking for different things from me. His gloved hands are soaked in white.

"Are you sure it's them?" Jake finally asks me in a hushed voice, finishing his stitch work on Roe. We exit the room together, Jake cleaning off his hands.

"The visions aren't always clear as day and bound to happen, but yes I believe it is them." I tell him sadly. I see the tears start to fall down his cheeks and grab his shoulders, pulling him into my body as he cries. I ignore the footsteps coming towards us, looking over my shoulder to see Oriana.

"What's wrong?" She asks, an innocent smile on her face with eyes shining with worry. I don't blame her for what's happened, it's not her fault she is being controlled.

"Little Roe has died." I lie, bringing tears to my eyes as I hold Jake closer, mentally begging him not to say anything about this. He goes along with the lie, weeping a bit more.

"That's awful. Can I see him?" She asks, stepping towards the door.

"Best not to, he's been ripped apart." Jake weeps harder into my chest. Oriana nods her understanding, leaving us alone. "I see it now; the venom has been in her for a long time. Months I'd say, maybe a year." Jake gives me a look, mentally communicating his thoughts. I nod in agreement as we head to the control room, Jake wiping his eyes. We join Keya and Brett who have just finished contacting the twin's parents. The poor twins.

"Is Roe okay?" Keya asks, worried about the kid we've all taken in as our own.

"He's alive, but we don't tell the others that. They are the traitors." Jake speaks in a hushed whisper. The two nod, Brett holding Keya close to him. I smile softly at the two, understanding Brett's need to feel his loved one close to him, know they are still there. I'd be doing the same if I wasn't scared of Jake killing me in my sleep.

"Any information on Wynnona and Athena?" Keya asks. I can't help but smile at how far she's come.

"We couldn't find them when we looked around the shuttle." The heartbroken look of Keya's face kills me. "But she's smart. She'll make it back to us by any means." I promise her, pulling her into my arms. She hugs me tight, thanking me. I smile warmly at her, leaving the two alone to chat about some things while Jake and I head to our shared bedroom. I fall onto the bed, sighing at the comfort of the soft mattress. I close my eyes, ready to fall asleep. I am startled awake however when Jake hops up into my lap, sitting on my crotch while straddling me. He grabs my hands, placing them on his hips. He leans forward, grinding down into me slightly. I groan slightly, my hands gripping his hips a bit tighter as he kisses me. "You're a devil." I whisper to him.

"I have spent a year in a coma away from you," to prove his point he grinds down into me a little rougher. This causes me to groan in pleasure. "It's not my fault I'm a bit horny." He starts to kiss down my neck, his hands going up the front of my shirt. He allows his fingers to graze over my rippled stomach, smirking to himself. "That's new." He tugs at my shirt, trying to get it off.

"I'm not helping." I tell him with a smirk. He huffs at me, frustrated as he flops onto the bed beside me. I smile at him, laughing at his glare.

"Worst fiancé ever." He grumbles. I laugh at him as I sit up, moving to the edge of the bed as I pull my shirt off, getting ready to go to bed. Not that I'll sleep much with Wynnona in Needledrop's hands. I startle from my thoughts when I feel cool fingers on my back. "These are defiantly new." Jake sounds breathless, his fingers running along the long lines that scar my back, marrying the once soft skin. I can hear the question in his voice. His lips press softly to my left shoulder. I turn my head to lean my forehead against his.