22

Royals

Wynnona

She's kissing me. Athena is kissing me. Athena is kissing me! Me, a wash up, shut in, earthling with a drinking problem and a blood thirst. It's just a distraction so that the guards don't spot us, I know this, but I can't help but fall into her trap.

Her lips are velvety soft as they move against mine. She tastes like raspberries. Her thin fingers are laced in my knotted hair. I grip her waist, pushing myself further into her causing her to push further into the wall. My hands grip onto her waist. I faintly hear the heavy boots of Gunther and his guys go past us, but I'm too consumed by Athena's sultry lips to really pay attention.

All too soon she pulls away, breaking the best kiss on my life.

"They are gone, let's go." She whispers to me, snapping me out of my daze. I nod, grabbing her hand. I turn to look around the corner, people going back to normal. We rush in the direction of my ship. Gunther and his goons have headed in the opposite direction, still trying to find us. I smirk to myself the moment we get to my ship, but it falls when I see two guards standing at her entrance. Before I can come up with a plan, they notice us and charge. I push Athena behind me, allowing my hands to be taken over my searing hot, bright blue flames. They did not burn me, or cause any discomfort, but I know the action startled the guards.

"Now there are two ways we can do this," I tell them, allowing the hood to fall from my head and play with the flames in my hands, "you can let us get on my ship, let us leave peacefully, and not say anything." I study both of them. "Or you can do this the hard way which will end with the two of you as burnt corpses on the floor." They both shake but charge anyways. I roll my eyes, simply touching my hand to each of their chests. The bright blue flames consume both my hands, leaving them just as I said they would be.

"I do enjoy that you've come into your powers so nicely." Athena comments as we step over the bodies.

"It is fun, isn't it?" I ask with a stupid, playboy drawl to my words. Playboys like Gunther who try to exude only sex. I smile warmly at her when she blushes. "I'm teasing." I laugh softly, not missing the way she looks at me as if I'm the only creature left in the galaxy. I take her hand again, crawling into the ship after disengaging it from the shuttle. We get into the ship, closing the hanger before staring at each other only to burst into laughter. There is fast running before three faces greet us.

"You're alive!" Keya shouts, running at me and tossing her arms tightly around my neck. I laugh as I hug her back, smiling at Giovanni and Brett. They each hug me before hugging Athena. We make our way to our room, friends following closely behind us. They ask us questions which we answer simply. I don't notice that I am still gripping Athena's hand tightly. We make it to our room, slamming the door shut. I toss off the cloak, falling face first into my warm bed with a groan of frustration. I ignore the racing of my heart as Athena falls into the bed beside me, snuggling into my arms.

"Hi." I whisper to her, my voice breathy as I struggle to get a hold of my racing heart. She smiles at me, eyes looking up at me through her lashes. This does nothing to help my struggle in calming my pounding heart.

"Hi." She whispers back to me, just as soft as her hands and lips. My heart pounds on my rib cage like an animal trying to break out of its cage. Clawing after my ribs like bars attempting to run into the hands of the person who has claimed my heart, the sleeping goddess beside me. Athena nuzzles into my shoulder only to fall asleep instantly. The room is silent save for my pounding heart. With my thoughts racing I somehow manage to fall into a deep slumber, clinging to the beauty beside me.

The world around me is full of darkness, cramped and cold. A couple of paces in front of me is an opening, it looks like a forest if before the opening. A girl sits at the edge of the opening. I make my way over, studying her from behind slowly.