15

Confidence

Wynnona

We enter the room to find the other two duos already seated, waiting for us. Lillian wore a deep blue dress, the same colour as Earth's oceans. Oriana wore a suit to match. Keya wore a floor length, emerald green, backless dress with different straps around her back and chest. The dress definitely showed off her chest and smooth skin. It also accented her deep tan skin perfectly, her hazel eyes shining. In short, she looked sexy. I'm amazed Brett is controlling himself and not pinning her up against a wall. I know I would if it wasn't Keya. Brett wears a black suit with a matching tie and pocket square to Keya's dress. I guess the people here just sorted us off into couples, which left Giovanni and I to be paired up.

"Hey." Brett says with a tight smile. I can tell him, and Keya are both exhausted. Star lays on the table, waiting for me to come. Once I sit down beside Keya, the two empty chairs at the head on the table to my left and Giovanni right across from me, Star climbs up my arm to rest around my shoulders. A waiter comes around to all of us, handing us a nice, leather menu. The pages were soft and smelt of roses, the first page a list of drinks the kitchen staff will prepare for you then the next two were food.

"You look amazing, all of you." I compliment everyone at the table, keeping eye contact with mainly Keya. I hear a soft, muffled giggle come from the other side of Keya, Lillian holding a hand over her mouth as Oriana smiled evilly at her. "Giovanni, switch places with Oriana if her and Lillian continue to act like horny teenagers." I make eye contact with him as I finish speaking. God, I sound like such a mom. I hate this. I grumble to myself as he nods.

"The rose petal drink sounds delicious." Keya skillfully changes the topic. She raises a hand to get the attention of one of the waiters, but I grab her wrist gently to stop her.

"Don't get it." I tell her sharply, my eyes intensely boring into hers.

"Why not?" She asks, raising a brow at me. I am reminded of my dream, how someone was talking about a rose petal drink.

"I just have a bad feeling, that's all." I sigh. Keya and Brett share a knowing look. Anytime I had a bad feeling it was always wise to follow it. They had both learned this over years of being around me. I now understand that it was likely because of my Celestial genetics trying to protect me. She nods and instead orders a different drink. Brett strikes up a conversation with Giovanni about something I don't pay much attention to. Oriana, Keya, and Lillian are talking about clothes and makeup. Another topic of which I don't engage. I look at the little watch that was in my small bag to see we have been sitting here for hours. We've eaten a three-course meal with no company from the two people who invited us.

"Where are the king and queen?" I ask aloud. Everyone turns their attention to me. I meet everyone's eyes, but before I can speak the large golden door of the room is opened and in walks someone I recognize. He's isn't an exact copy of him but looks close enough. Parker, Gunther's older brother. The symbol I have come to recognize as Needledrop is plastered to his chest plate. The armour he wears looks thick, likely difficult to penetrate. In a split second I see a hole in it I can get a knife in.

"Under the table." Giovanni says to the girls. Lillian and Keya slide across the floor to the feet of Brett and Oriana as the three flip the thick table on its side. I stand before the table, grabbing a handful of knives from my bag tossing one at his left shoulder, the hole in his armour. At the same time, he takes out what looks like a machine gun and starts to fire around me and the table. For a split second, after the knife hits his shoulder, he falls back a couple steps, giving me time to flip over the table and hide with my group.

"Everyone okay?" I ask, breath labored. They all nod. Oriana pulls a necklace from Lillian's neck, the silver metal morphing into a small sword. I really want one of those. I take a couple more knives out of my bag, getting ready to charge at Parker. Gunshots fill my ears and I can see more than hear the columns around the room crumble. Glass has shattered, leaving shards of the colourful panels all over the white and gold tiled floor. This table wouldn't last us long.