12

Pains

Jake

I stood in the infirmary taking inventory on all our medical supplies and what we needed to stock up on. My mind was trying to distract itself from the events of this morning. I'm still unbelievably embarrassed by what happened. Wynnona shouldn't have had to see Giovanni dominating me like he was, but gods was it good.

I shake my head to rid my mind of the dirty thoughts of Giovanni tearing my clothes off and pinning me to our bed. I count the number of bottles of different medicines, listing them all individually on my clipboard. I hear the door to the infirmary open and assume it's Giovanni. He's probably worried about me because I've been gone a couple hours longer than I intended on my day off. I just wanted to give Wynnona and Giovanni some space to talk everything out.

"Giovanni, my love, I'm perfectly fine." My words trail off and my smile drops when I turn to see the person at the door. They have an arm wrapped around Keya who dangles over his shoulder, hands and feet tied together. The book is in the hand holding her. He raises his blaster to me, my hands raising in mock surrender.

"Say anything and I won't hesitate to kill you." The man growls in a gurgled voice. I can hear my heartbeat in my ears, feel the blood in my body rush as my heart pounds faster. There's a blaster under the operation table, that's about three steps away from me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, trying to distract him from what I was doing as I slowly stepped towards the table. "How did you find this place?" I ask again.

"I am here to collect what rightfully belongs to Needledrop." He says. I take another step trying to keep myself calm. In one swift movement I grab the gun and fire it, but I miss anything vital and kit his shoulder. He gurgles out a growl of pain as I run for the door. He is faster than me, grabbing a handful of my hair rather harshly making my scalp burn. He throws me back against the operation table. I can feel the nasty bruise that will form there as I cry out slightly from the force of the hit.

"That was a mistake." He speaks and the world around me slows. My ears ring as I feel pain blossom in my chest and abdomen. I can feel more than hear the scream of agony that leaves my lips. I feel my body fall to the floor as I try to stop the rather large amount of blood flowing from my two wounds. My vision starts to fill with black dots as my eyelids grow heavy. I fight to keep my eyes open and stay conscious. Then I hear footsteps. I see Giovanni with dishevelled hair and fearful eyes hold me close to him. I feel his hand on my chest, applying pressure to the wound and another pair on my stomach.

"Hey, hey look at me." Giovanni tells me. My eyes go to his, a calming feeling coming over me. My throat grows tight and I can feel tears prick my eyes.

"I don't want to die." I croak out in a broken voice. The tears fall freely down my cheeks as I hear more footsteps come into the room. I can feel my heart slowing down, it's a terrible feeling. Knowing it may stop all together as I lay here in the arms of the love of my life.

My exhaustion finally wins the fight and my eyes close, the last thing I see are the clear blue eyes of my lover and best friend. If and when I die, I want his beautiful eyes to be the last thing I see.

Wynnona

Giovanni and I leave Jake in the care of Oriana and Lillian, Brett staggering after the two of us. Giovanni is murderous, I can feel it. The anger and hate rolling off him in waves. I look at my hands as we follow a trail of grey blood, me leading, and see them still stained the silver of Jake's blood. I'm mad, pissed, vengeful. No one, no matter who they are, hurts Keya. That alone brings you close to the edge of death. Taking Athena from me? I'm sure I'll make this person's death as painful as possible. Hurting and possibly killing my brother in law, now that I will not stand for. This person will suffer so much pain for so long they will beg for death.