17

Shit.

That was the one word that kept on running around the boys brain as he paced furiously up and down the small room.

He was angry at himself for not noticing it, how couldn't he ?

Maybe if he had just payed more attention to their surroundings, or made sure they were somewhere where no one would recognise them, it would've all been okay.

But it wasn't.

And that's what left him being called by the CEO at 5am that morning. He fucked up; big time.

"Na jaemin," the secretary spoke softly, her head poking out of the main office door. "Mr Lee will see you now."   (A/N I have no idea who's in charge of SM anymore so let's pretend it's lee sooman)

Finally lifting his head up from the ground, the young boy paused, taking in a deep breathe before beginning to walk towards the door.

The CEO sat there, a disappointed look written all over his face. Jaemin had been the one person who was supposed to have no issues, he had almost become the poster boy for the group. Yet here he was, caught up in the biggest dating scandal of the year so far. One he wasn't even sure was true.

He kept his head low, only slightly looking up to acknowledge the man before him, before sitting down.

"I expected this anyone, anyone at all- but you Jaemin," the man sighed out, shaking his head slightly. Jaemin couldn't help but feel guilty at the mans word- it was all his fault. "You know how this looks don't you ?"

"Of course I do sir, but you've got to understand I didn't expect this to happen," he looked up slightly at the man, watching his reactions. "If I could go back and change it I wou-"

"Stop Jaemin. I've heard it from every idol before," he snapped his head up at his words. "Just tell me the truth, what's going on with this girl"

"I-" he started before stopping for a minute, collecting his thoughts. "I can explain. She's a friend"

"You expect me to believe she's just a friend Jaemin ?" The CEO asked, his voice dripping with disbelief.

"Well, it's hard to explain"

"I'm all ears"

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

He explained it all. From them meeting to him leaving, their slightly forced reunion and how they'd spent some time together following that slightly awkward night. The man sat there, watching the boy intently. He could see it in his eyes. The way he spoke about her, he knew this wasn't just the rekindling of a high school romance, it was love- even if Jaemin wasn't ready to admit it just yet.

"And that's it, I promise," he said, finally meeting out the breathe he has been holding in throughout the entire conversation.

"You don't have to lie to me Jaemin, I've seen it all before," the boys eyes widened at his words.

"Wait no no I-"

"I can see it in your eyes Jaemin, I may be an old man at this point but I'm not as blind as you think" he chuckled as he spoke, shaking his head slightly. "I'm going to assume that this poor girl isn't aware of the news yet considering the time. Am I right ?"

"Y-yeah I don't think she's up yet," he managed to stutter out. "She's not messaged me yet"

"Well then, you best go get to her before the cameras do," the CEO rose to his feet, the boy following his movements, leaning over to shake his hand.

"Thank you sir I-"

"Before you say anything, I'm going to need a statement within the next few hours from the pair of you. Decide what you want to say and tell you company as soon as possible, you know how it makes the company looks. Okay ?"

"Okay, I'll get going thank you sir," he bowed slightly before heading for the door.

Outside the company, people had flooded the street. Reporters, photographers and fans, all trying to get the latest developments in the story; all holding onto the hope that the boy would just walk out, straight into them.

Luckily, Jaemin had gone through the backway and was currently driving past them. All of them unaware the person they wanted was slipping right by them.

He was anxious to say the least.

Sat planning out his words in his head, he felt the nerves taking him over once again. At this point, he just wanted to see her, to hold her. For the first time since he had arrived in Seoul, he finally felt that spark back inside of him, the one that pushed him to do it all in the first place.

Shaking his head free of any of his doubts or negative thoughts, he reached for the car door, pulling it open.

It felt like he was running through the hotel lobby and up the stairs at this point, becoming more eager with every step.

'This was it' he thought as he finally reached her floor, whizzing his way around the corner.

He took a deep breathe, reaching up his fist to knock on the door- only for it to open, showing a solemn faced Hyuna, causing confusion to spread through the boys mind.

"I'm so sorry Jaemin," she said quietly, her voice sounding almost raw.

He felt his world slowly starting to crash down.

"She's gone"

———————————————————
SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG HAHAHA PLEASE DONT HATE ME IN A BIT