Chapter Eighteen [No Matter What]

A L I J A H

I held in my tears as I checked on Marco as soon as I woke up. He was asleep in the guest room and I walked in and put ice on his face and stood over him watching as he shifted in his sleep before opening his swollen eyes.

"Where the hell am I?" He groaned and I bit my lower lip and sat on the bed as I continued to ice his face and he gently pulled the ice packet from me.

"Your at my house and your bags are over there" I said pointing to the bags he had at the group home and he looked at me oddly before trying to sit up but I guess it hurt to much because he laid back down.

"They gon fucking kill me Alijah, I can't go back I gotta leave California" Marco said panicking and I tried to calm him down.

"I already talked to my dad you can stay here as long as you stop stealing" I tell him trying to call him down and he shook his head.

"Not them I'm talking about the people I work for, being around me is like a death wish girl" Marco said trying to get up and I sighed.

"You aren't going anywhere I fucking saved your ass last night and the next time they see you with that group your always with they'll kill you just like they did the ones last night" I tell him and he covered his face and laid down breathing deeply.

"This shit can't be happening, I gotta at least go explain what happened so my crew don't think I set them up" Marco said and he got out of bed and I watched him look around the room.

"Does your dad know I'm here?" He asked and I slowly nodded. Just then the door opened and Zaire walked in holding a plate of food and sat it on the dresser.

"You're dads downstairs and he wants to talk to you, right now" Zaire said as he looked Marco over and left out.

"Please don't leave promise me you'll be here when I get back upstairs" I begged and he rubbed his eye and without saying anything he picked the plate up and sat down eating a piece of hash brown and giving me a small smile.

I quickly jogged down the steps and walked into the kitchen where my dad was making pancakes and stepped to the side of him so he knew I was there.

"You wanted me?" I asked and he glanced over at me remaining quiet.

"This is how this shit is gonna work alright? If anything of mine comes up missing I'll kill him, if I catch y'all doing something you got no damn business doing I'll kill him. If the lil nigga even breathes the wrong way in your direction I'll kill him and if you start acting different I'll kill you, understood?" He asked calmly and I slowly nodded until he turned to look at me and I saw the cold look he was giving me.

"I-I understand" I said clearly and he nodded before pointing towards a plate with pancakes eggs sausage and a hash brown and I picked it up and headed back upstairs.

When I got back in Marco's room he was eating and flipping through the TV in his room and when he saw me he sat the plate down on the bed.

"What'd he say? You look scared" Marco asked concerned and I shook my head not wanting to talk about it. I knew my dad was still upset because I showed up in a place I never should've been in but I think it was fate because If I didn't Marco would be dead.

"Nothing he said just don't steal anything and you should be good" I mumbled and he nodded and picked up his egg with his fork biting it.

"We can start over you and me and you won't ever have to worry about going back there my dad will protect you once he gets to know you but until then I'll look out for you" I assure him and he started laughing.