Chapter Thirty Five [Breaking Point]

A L I J A H

The feeling of someone watching me made me open my eyes in a panic. I didn't even remember going to sleep but when I opened my eyes I was in a unfamiliar room laying on a spare mattress with the sheet barely on.

I looked down at the same clothes I had on before and my memory slowly but surly came back to me from when I was taken. I swallowed the lump in my throat thinking back to when Zaire was shot and closed my eyes feeling myself began to tear up, what if he didn't make it?

I slowly looked to the other side of the room where a boy about my age was staring at me. He looked oddly familiar but I couldn't remember exactly where I'd seen him before or if I was just imagining it or not.

Slowly he stood up from his spot on the ground and walked over to me with his eyebrows furrowed together and I backed up on the mattress not knowing what he was about to do.

"Chill, we in the same situation I ain't gon fuck with you, you not all that" he said extending his hand and handing me a piece of cloth and I grabbed it and began wiping my face off as he walked back to his spot and slid back down to the floor looking bored as if he was waiting for something to be over with.

"Why are you here? What's going on?" I asked finnally getting the strength to talk and he glanced up at me as his eyes roamed my face.

"Well I don't know about you but I'm here for stealing and I'm waiting to die" he shrugged looking down at his nails before he began biting at them.

"Wait what? What do you mean die?" I said raising an eyebrow and he shrugged glancing towards the door as we heard the sound of laughter of someone walking past.

"I mean die as in no longer living, you know six feet under you can't possibly be this clueless you had to of done something to be here" he said lowering his hand.

"Not exactly, it's a long story that has to do with things you don't understand" I said watching the skinny boy stand to his feet once again and lean against the door listening to what was going on outside.

"What's your name?" He asked looking over at me and I sighed.

"Alijah, what about you" I said with attitude as I stood up and walked over to the door as well. I could hear men sitting outside the door talking about some basketball game that was on the night before.

"Darius" he said with a shrug and my eyes widened, so that's where I remember him from.

"Your friends with Marco right?" I asked and he nodded his head taking a better look at me before smirking remembering me as well.

"Yeah I know you, your Jades daughter" he said folding his arms as he walked around me in a circle like he was testing me.

"What the hell are you doing?" I snapped shoving him and he smacked his teeth.

"I was just seeing what you all about that's all, since you friends with my homie I'll help you out" he said and I raised an eyebrow.

Darius was my exact height and skinny as hell. He had long cornrows that went to his shoulders and he was brown skin with an okay face.

"Stop looking at me like I'm ugly or something" he said with an attitude and I smiled before the door was snatched open and Cali looked at me with his eyes squinted. He had a black eye from when I was beating on him.

He shoved the both of us inside before he walked in with another older man who looked to be in his twenties and I took a deep breath stepping behind Darius.

"I don't hear you talking shit now, do I?" Cali asked cockily as he grabbed my arm pulling me closer to him and I shoved him away causing the guy to pull out his gun.