Chapter 22

THE NEXT morning, Pocahontas woke up in Bucky's room; on his bed

THE NEXT morning, Pocahontas woke up in Bucky's room; on his bed. She had no idea how she ended up there.

She went to get up, but was stopped by a pair of strong arms. One of them being warm flesh while the other was cold and inorganic. Slightly confused, she turned as best as she could, and found Bucky asleep next to her. Softly snoring away with his arms wrapped protectively around her waist, hugging her as if she was a pillow. She was slightly surprised, because she thought he'd sleep on the couch. She wanted to go outside, but didn't want to wake him. Bucky felt movement, so it woke him up. His eyes shifted and fluttered open. His mind was a tad groggy, so he was still half asleep as he hugged the 'pillow' tighter.

Pocahontas smiles to herself, eliciting a laugh as Bucky held her tighter. Pillows don't laugh. Bucky thought, to which made him fully awake and jump in surprise when he realized that the 'pillow' he was hugging is actually a smiling Pocahontas.

"Sorry. If I woke you." She said.

"Uh- no. It's fine." He felt awkward and slightly embarrassed, heat rushing to his cheeks as he unwrapped his arms from her waist, allowing her to have the freedom she needs as Bucky rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

She got up from the bed and looked out the window.

"I should've waken up earlier." She mumbled.

"You were injured," Bucky got up from the bed, his muscles rippling as he stretched, "You needed that rest so you could recover from the beatings you took." He relaxed and walked up to her.

"Yeah. But I'm better now." She said, and Bucky did not believe her. She stretched her arms and groaned. "Actually, no I'm not."

He shook his head, slightly amused. "The world will still be here when you're fully recovered. Besides, I think you deserve a bit of a break."

"I'm 419 years old." She said. "I don't think I deserve one."

He frowned, "Nonsense. You've been taking care of earth for centuries, you don't owe the world anything." He placed his flesh hand on her shoulder.

"But I do. This earth gave me love, life, and all the things to cherish in a lifetime."

"Well you don't owe this planet a thing. That's what I think." Bucky replied.

Pocahontas looked over at him, pausing when she sees the intense emotion in his eyes.

"What's wrong," She asked, facing him.

"It's just I care a lot about you." He admitted.

"Oh." was all she could say.