Chapter 24

"Is this like a first date?" POCAHONTAS ASKED, with a smile while she walked next to the super soldier. She wanted to change the subject.

Bucky smiled to himself, "Do you want it to be?"

"Uhh, I don't know." She replied, blushing and looked away.

"How long has it been since you've went on one?"

"Maybe like 400 years." She said. "Too long."

Bucky made a low whistle, "I suppose being Mother Nature has kept you busy." He teased.

"Yes. It has." She laughed.

The two continued as they made their way to the rowboats. "Have you done this before?" Bucky asked curiously.

"Done what?" She asked, walking by his side.

"Rowboat."

"Does canoeing in the 1600s count?"

He thought for a second, then nodded and said, "I guess it does." Then added, "Because I have no experience whatsoever. Not that I remember anyway."

"It's just like canoeing. You use a paddle to move the rowboat." She replied, looking around at the kids. She really loved them.

Bucky nodded, though slightly uneasy as they reached the rowboats.

"Are you okay?" She asked, feeling something wrong.

He didn't know why, but it felt as though something bad was gonna happen. He shrugged it off, thinking it was just his nerves getting the best of him. "Just nervous. This is my first time, after all, rowing a boat."

"You have a metal arm and you're scared of rowing a boat?" She asked, with a chuckle and boarded the tiny boat. Bucky followed her.

He couldn't help but to laugh with her at himself. The two sat down in the boat and Pocahontas passed him a paddle. Bucky held the paddle and pushed the boat away from the dock after untying the rope from the post. Pocahontas also could feel as if something would go wrong. But she ignored it.

Bucky positioned the paddle that he knew was correct, sure he's far from catching up to the modern times, but he is smart enough to know which end would help wade in the water.

Pocahontas paddled, along with Bucky, but couldn't deny the fact the the earth was warning her about something. She closed her eyes and tried to think about this 'date' instead.

The feeling kept growing, and Bucky tried his best to ignore it, focusing on keeping the boat straight, "What is your favorite color?" He decided on asking.

"Beige." She replied. "Yours?"

"I-" He paused to think for a moment, "I don't know.... I think it used to be green."

"That's a very nice color."

Paranoia was getting the best of her, and she stood up, looking around. Bucky looked up at her and she raised an eyebrow.

"So I'm not the only one who feels like something is wrong then?" He said, also standing and looking around.

"Nature is telling me something." She said, and the boat moved, her almost falling into the water. Bucky caught her, keeping his bionic arm around her waist.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," She told him, assuring him. "I am."

He held her steady as they kept searching their surroundings. "You see anything, or no?" He asked.

"No. It's mostly a feeling."