Chapter 31

Theo wanted to catch up with Cynthia, he noticed a certain change since the last time they saw each other, and to also have a look at Bucky's bionic arm while Pocahontas sat with the latter.

"So what have you been doing all these months since we last saw each other, Cynthia?" Theo asked.

"I haven't been doing much." She replied.

"Really? Well, then how did you get involved with them?"

"I wanted to kill Bucky."

Theo blinked in surprise, glancing briefly at the super soldier, who looked slightly uncomfortable. "Any particular reason?"

"We go way back." She explained.

Theo nodded, deciding to not ask any further on the matter as he figured something must've happened between them at one point, and moved on from the subject. "What do you suppose caused this guy to be granted the ability to control darkness?" He asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"An accident for sure." Pocahontas said, walking in the room.

"What was he doing?"

"Ask Cynthia. She knows." She responded.

Theo looked to Cynthia and she explained what they found about their newest assailant. He hummed in fascination as an idea formed in his mind. "I think I might find something that can help you. Of course its gonna needs some requirements in order for it to work."

"Okay... what is it?" Bucky asked, curious to know what the solution could be.

"I need rare material, specifically a white crystal. The rest is technology based. I can built a contraption to make a forcefield of light that should be able to trap him, by funneling the crystal into the device." Theo explained.

"Why would you help us? You barely know us?" Bucky asked.

The geek thought for a moment, then shrugged, "I thought since while you're here I might as well help out the best as I can, plus I owe Cynthia here for saving my skin in the past, so why not pay it big?"

"Thank you, it means so much." Pocahontas said, giving him a hug and that made Bucky squirm.

Theo, as happy he was to help out, he felt awkward, as he wasn't the hugging type, but repeated the action anyway for once. "Y-your welcome."

Cynthia chuckled as she saw Theo being awkward with Pocahontas. Bucky rolled his eyes.

"How are we gonna get those crystals?" Bucky asked as the awkward hug broke between his girl the geeky doctor.

"Well, you have Mother Nature here, she could probably provide them." Cynthia pointed out.

"Yeah, when do you need them?" Pocahontas asked. "And what type?"

Theo got to work, setting up his equipment to start building the device. Pocahontas after getting changed, went out the door to look for diamonds and white crystals. All she had to do was ask nature where it was and they'd show her. Theo was halfway done with the exterior shell of the device, he worked fast with smooth precision, steady hands, and tight focus. She came bag with a bag of crystals and rare stones, handing them to Theo.

"Thanks, much appreciated." He said, giving a grateful smile.

"Same to you." She replied. "I'm going to be honest, those were a pain in the ass to find. Especially around here. I had to fly somewhere else."