Chapter 28

AFTER PATCHING up the wound and giving some antibiotics, Bucky took Cynthia to another part of the room to talk with her.

"Look I understand you want to kill me, but you hesitated before, so why didn't you kill me then?"

"Why do you keep asking me this question?" She replied, leaning against the doorframe. She crossed her arms.

"I'm not blind. But if you don't want to answer, then whatever. If you still wish to kill me, that's gonna have to wait, because I need you to help me with something."

"I didn't kill you because.. I see how happy you make Pocahontas. And she helped me, so I guess I owe her. She sympathized with me when I was very low. That's why I didn't kill you. Because of her." She replied, finally giving Bucky an answer. "She stood up for me and defended me. No one had ever done that for me before. She truly is Mother Nature. I got that mom vibe from her when she took care of me."

His expression softened when she said this and replied, "Then you can help her. We need to find out who this guy is and why he wants to hurt my girl."

"Okay. But that's it. I do this and I'm out."

He smiled, satisfied. "Deal."

~

The next three days, Cynthia and Bucky have been trying to find out who this guy could be. He had drawn a picture from memory, with the help of Pocahontas to describe Italian as best as she could. After that, they gave Cynthia the picture to search him up on the files. Pocahontas was lying down in her room, on her bed. Face flat. She was trying to be as calm as can be. But all she couldn't think about was getting this guy down before he could hurt anyone else.

Bucky had come to check up on her, he was worried about her. Even though the guy said she wouldn't die, and that it was only designed to put her in a lot of pain, which he wanted to make stop so she could get better. The wound in her back had looked a little better than it did, but it was still hurting. Pocahontas heard Bucky enter her room, but said or did nothing about it. She just continued to have her face on a pillow.

"How are you feeling, Doll?" He asked. You could hear the concern in his voice if you listen close enough.

"I've been better." She said through the pillow. It was barely spoken words.

He sighed, knowing she is still in pain and sat on the bed with her. She just lied there, silent and very still. She let out a big sigh as well.

"What is your favorite movie?" He asked, deciding to try and distract her from the pain.

She then lay down on her back, so Bucky could hear her better.
"Pocahontas. The Disney one. Watching it is so funny to me."

He frowned as he realized something, "I've not seen the Disney movies, at least the ones that I've missed since the 40s."

"We should definitely binge watch a ton of Disney movies sometime." She was serious, something Bucky didn't really like.

"Sure. As soon as we deal with the threat first. And probably start training in the meantime."

"What training?"

"To keep ourselves prepared the next time we have to fight the mystery guy."

"I'll pass. You and Cynthia can go right ahead with that though." She said, sitting up and let out a groan.

Bucky winced at the memories when the thought of training with Cynthia was suggested. "I don't know about that."

"Hmm, okay." She replied.