Chapter 23

Pocahontas was in her apartment, cleaning up. She was definitely pissed. She had just organized and decorated. Her bruises from her last encounter with Hazard were beginning to fade. She was happy about that at least. It had been a couple days, and she was a little distant from Bucky. She was just nervous around him. She wasn't used to that feeling. Even though Bucky promised he'd wait and he's kept his word to this day, respecting the time that she needs, he was gonna take her somewhere when she's mostly healed and after having taken care of Hazard if they clash again. He wanted to take her someplace fun.

Her house couldn't be any more messed up, and she threw a glass cup on the wall. She could cause an earthquake with the anger that filled her inside. Bucky heard something smash as he was coming out of the elevator to his apartment floor. It sounded like it was coming from Pocahontas' room.

He knocked on the door and Pocahontas didn't really want to open it, but did it anyways. She knew it was him.

When she opened it, Bucky stood there, looking confused and slightly worried. "You okay? I heard something break."

She let him come in and his eyes lit up as soon as he saw her.

"To be honest, no." She said, throwing already broken silverware across the room.

He took in the damage done to her apartment and said in a relieved tone, "I thought Hazard was back for another round." He turned to face her.

"She could never." She said, making even more of a mess in her house.

He sighed before leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, watching her throw a temper tantrum while he waited for her to calm down. "What's got you so riled up then?" He asked over the ruckus.

"Look. I have extreme OCD. If I don't see things in order and I can't control it, I become very upset. As you can see." She said.

Bucky couldn't help it, he just started cracking up. His shoulders shaking.

"You're kidding me." She said, and threw something at him, but he caught it.

Still chuckling with that shit-eating grin, he shrugged and said, "Maybe."

"Oh my." She said, completely serious.

He raised an eyebrow, "Did I hit a nerve?" He teased.

"Very much so." She replied, furrowing her brows and threw a plate at him.

Bucky ducked quickly and the plate smashed into pieces. "That's not very nice." He mocked a frown.

"Bucky—James I swear to God, you better stop. You're going to get your ass kicked."
She clenched her fists.

"I'm sure you'd like that." He said in a serious manner, but he was enjoying seeing her fluster. He knew he was pushing it, but he also knew it was gonna be worth it.

"Whatever you're doing, stop. My OCD is all over the place. Not to mention my anger issues." She replied, picking up a chair.

He leapt forward and took the chair from her, "And how shall I calm Mother Nature?" He asked.

"I have no idea. But I'm sure you can figure something out." She told him, and winked at the super soldier. She walked away, grabbing a broom.

Bucky, who was smirking, got into a stance. His muscles coiling underneath the fabric of his clothes. His stormy blue eyes filled with mirth and joy.