Chapter 37

The next hour, after making plans to search for the Infinity Stones, Thor suggested they do some sparring.

"I'd like to see how well you fight. I never got to witness it much during both times in Sokovia." He said to her.

"Okay." She replied, cracking her knuckles.

They were at the training grounds when Thor smirked at Pocahontas, in a challenging way as he faced her. "Let's begin, shall we?" He announced.

Pocahontas nodded, stepping closer to Thor. Thor made the first move and lunged at her with a swing of his fist towards her head. She quickly ducked, grabbing his fist and pushed him down.

Thor was surprised but quickly recovered and got up, throwing a series of punches, to which she blocked, dodged and ducked as she took a few steps back before turning the tables.

She jumped over him in a front flip and landed on the other side. Thor whipped around to keep up with the Native Warrior, but ended up getting a kick to the chest and stumbled back a few steps from the force behind the impact.

Thor grew frustrated, getting up with a grunt. Pocahontas kicked him, but he caught her leg. He flipped her over but she landed perfectly on her feet once more.

Thor jumped up and went to grab her, but she ducked under his arm and went to kick him in the back, only for Thor to quickly block it and grabbed her wrist. He tripped her and she fell to the ground; quickly getting up once again.

Thor smirked and held his hand out as he summoned his trusted companion, to which the hammer flew to him and he caught it.

The audience had gathered to watch the Son of Odin battle against this seemingly, formidable opponent as Pocahontas smirked and had her armor appear along with her weapons as she got into a fighting stance.

"Take his hammer away from him." She whispered to the winds and a strong wind blew his hammer from his hand.

She summoned vines from the ground, using them to pull Thor down. Thor grunted and threw her off his back, somehow managing to throw her into the quicksand whether he meant to or not, and got a safe landing on another solid ground as he prepared for her next move.

She manipulated metal that came out of the ground, using that to trap Thor and keep him restrained. Thor groaned, getting quite frustrated with the whole trapping, decided to make a move and used his strength to break free, jumping out of the trap and ran towards the Native Warrior with intensity that surprised Pocahontas.

Thor gave a shout and threw his hammer, which was sent reeling towards her. Pocahontas dodged the hammer and charged at Thor, who was slightly surprised at her action, and called back Mjolnir as he grabbed her battle axe before it could make a hit.

Thor caught his hammer and spun it like a wheel, using it like a shield to counter the attack. Pocahontas used the wind to stop him from shielding himself and his hammer flew out of his hand. She summoned her own lightning and blasted him away.

Thor landed with a grunt from the impact, laying face up on his back with a stunned look. He had forgotten that she could control the weather too, so it was a bit refreshing.

"Get him dizzy." The raven haired woman commanded the wind. The wind spun him around in a small tornado and Pocahontas laughed in amusement.

Thor gave a surprised yell as he felt himself getting lifted off the ground and into the air, getting him disoriented as he got trapped in the winds.

"Sorry, Thor. You can't beat me." She mocked.

Thor attempted to concentrate on calling for his hammer. Which was a bit difficult when you're being tossed around in the air like a ragdoll. The tornado finally stopped and it dropped the god on the ground, face flat.

Thor didn't move for a moment, dizzy from so much spinning, before he slowly started moving to push himself up from the ground and managed to sit up.

Pocahontas smiled slightly, seeing as Thor was tired.

"You done?" She asked.

Thor gave a tired chuckle and looked up at her with a nod, "You are a worthy opponent." He commented with a smirk.

She walked over to where he was, sitting next to him against a tree.

"In all my years of fighting, very few could keep up with me, let alone bested me in a dual." Thor claimed, "You are one of them."

"I'm flattered, Odinson."

Thor chuckled, then fell silent. It wasn't uncomfortable, but it was a calming one. "I'm glad to have a friend like you." He stated out of the blue.

"Same here, Thor. Your home is so pretty. You're lucky to have all of this."

"You are welcome to Asgard at anytime you wish."

"Thank you. What do we do now?" She asked, standing up.

Thor got up to his feet after a moment, "We go to Xandar, we'll start the search there." He looked around for his hammer.

"You mean this one?" She asked, picking it up effortlessly.

Thor just stared dumbfounded, gaping as he sees Pocahontas holding Mjolnir with no trouble. The crowd behind them stood with their jaws to the floor and gasps left their mouths. Pocahontas raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What?" She asked, looking at Thor and then the Asgardians watching them.

"Lady Pocahontas, that's Mjolnir." Thor stated.

"Yeah, your hammer, what about it?" She couldn't be anymore confused.

"Only those that are worthy can lift it." Thor explained, "And you just lifted it."

"Oh... do I get a prize or award or something?"

"We'll talk about that later." Thor chuckled as he reached for his hammer.

She handed it to him and he pulled her closer so that Heimdall could take them to Xandar. Thor spun his hammer and flew them to the Bifrost, where they will can be sent to Xandar.

"Thanks. I could've just beat you in a race again." She said with a smirk.

"Well, we could still do that after Xandar, how does that sound?"

"Sounds good."