Chapter 9

After a few days in the school infirmary Rigel was back in his classes. his ribs had healed and was given he all clear. Ron hugged him so tight Rigel though he was trying to suffocate him. he and Hermione were now on good terms and friends but she still felt inclined to apologies for almost getting him killed. Rigel received letters of worry from his Aunt Andromeda, Uncle Ted, and his cousin Tonks. he also received a letter from his Aunt Narcissa and Uncle Lucius. he did not expect that at all.

As they entered November, the weather turned very cold. The mountains around the school became icy gray and the lake like chilled steel. Every morning the ground was covered in frost. Hagrid could be seen from the upstairs windows defrosting broomsticks on the Quidditch field, bundled up in a long moleskin overcoat, rabbit fur gloves, and enormous beaver skin boots.

Rigel was in the Library looking for a look that could potentially help Harry in his first Quidditch match when he noticed a book fall from its shelf. he picked it up and saw it was a basic grey book but with a Raven on the front and under neath the black bird in gold letters it said

The History of The Lestrange Family. Rigel went wide eyed. he touched the cover softly like he was touching a delicate flower. he looked around and took it to the Librarian and checked it out.

...............................................................................................................................................

The Gryffindor common room was very noisy that evening. Harry, Ron,Hermione and Rigel sat together next to a window. Hermione and Riguel was checking Harry and Ron's Charms homework for them. after they were done Rigel pulled out the book that he checked out on his Tamil. he went to the index page that was yellow with age and on the top it said Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.,

"whats that" Harry asked. "a book i found in the library" he said. "whats it about" Ron asked. Rigel showed him the over. "a book about your family" Hermione said. Rigel nodded.

it was late at night and in bed he was still reading the book. he learnt so much from the book. one of his relatives on his fathers side was a minister for magic and like his mothers family the Lestrange line was heavily connected to other wizarding families. he was particularly drawn to the entrance about someone from the Corvus line of Lestrange.

That persons name was Leta Lestrange. he read all about her. she worked for the ministry for the department of magical law enforcement in the early 1900s and was ultimately killed by Gellert Grindelwald in 1927 at the age of 30.

Rigel saw that the sun was peaking up just as he finished and decided he should least get some hours of sleep. he put the book under his pillow and went to sleep.

................................................................................................................................................

The next morning dawned very bright and cold. The Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match."You've got to eat some breakfast.""I don't want anything.""Just a bit of toast," wheedled Hermione."I'm not hungry.

Rigel who looked on the verge of passing out turned to him. "harry just eat whats the worse that can happen" Rigel said with a goofy smile "are you ok" Ron asked Rigel concerned. "sure am Ronny boy" he said giggling. "you stayed up late didnt you" Ron asked. "maybe" Rigel said before giggling. ron rolled his eyes.

"hes right Harry, you need your strength," said Seamus Finnigan. "Seekers are always the ones who get clobbered by the other team. "Thanks, Seamus," said Harry, watching Seamus pile ketchup on his sausages

.By eleven o'clock the whole school seemed to be out in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. Many students had binoculars. The seats might be raised high in the air, but it was still difficult to see what was going on sometimes. Rigel, Ron and Hermione joined Neville, Seamus, and Dean the West Ham fan up in the top row. As a surprise for Harry, they had painted a large banner on one of the sheets Scabbers had ruined. It said Potter for President, and Dean, who was good at drawing, had done a large Gryffindor lion underneath. Then Hermione had performed a tricky little charm so that the paint flashed different colours. Rigel was currently smiling at nothing. "Rigel i think it would be best if you went back to your dormitory" Hermione said.

"aww no need to worry Hermione whinny im fine" he said. Rigel took a step forward and ended up falling. "yeah your fine alright" Ron said helping Rigel sit back up. "i really think he needs to go back to the dormitory" Dean said. "ill take him" Ron said picking Rigel up. "where we going Ronny" Rigel asked as they left the quditch stands. "back to the dorm" he said pulling Rigel. "but i wanna st" Rigel stopped as he closed his eyes and became limp. ron smiled and rolled his eyes as he picked him up Bridal style and began to carry him back up to the castle.

........................................................................................................................................................

when Rigel woke up he rubbed his head and yawned. "glad to see your up sleepy head" said a voice. Rigel saw Ron smirking. "whats got you happy Ron" Rigel asked. "dont you mean Ronny" Ron said smirking. "oh" Rigel said remembering everything he had done since he woke  up. "sorry about that when i dont get enough sleep i kind of get a little loopy" he said. "dont worry you were pretty funny" Ron said. Rigel rolled his eyes.

......................................................................................................................................................

later Rigel Ron, Hermione and Harry were in  Hagrids hut. the group had filled Rigel in on what happened at the Qudditch match, Harry's broom being cursed by Harry and Snape being the one responsible. "It was Snape," Ron was explaining, "Hermione and I saw him. He was cursing your broomstick, muttering, he wouldn't take his eyes off you.""Rubbish," said Hagrid, who hadn't heard a word of what had gone on nextto him in the stands. "Why would Snape do somethin' like that?". "

"I found out something about him," he told Hagrid. "He tried to get pastthat three headed dog on Halloween. It bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding."Hagrid dropped the teapot."How do you know about Fluffy?" Harry said. Rigel went wide eyd. "why am i just know hearing about this" Rigel asked

"wait Fluffy?""Yeah he's mine bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the publas' year I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the"Yes?" said Harry eagerly."Now, don't ask me anymore," said Hagrid gruffly. "That's top secret,that is.""But Snape's trying to steal it." harry said. "Rubbish," said Hagrid again. "Snape's a Hogwarts teacher, he'd do nothin' of the sort.""So why did he just try and kill Harry?" cried Hermione.The afternoon's events certainly seemed to have changed her mind about Snape. "from what ive heard it sounds like a jinx, I've read all about them!You've got to keep eye contact, and  you said Snape wasn't blinking so thats probably what he was doing" Rigel explained. "I'm tellin' yeh, yer wrong!" said Hagrid hotly. "I don' know why Harry's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn' try an' kill a student!Now, listen to me, all four of yeh  yer meddlin' in things that don'concern yeh. It's dangerous.

You forget that dog, an' you forget whatit's guardin', that's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicolas Flamel ""Aha!" said Harry, "so there's someone called Nicolas Flamel involved,is there?" Hagrid looked furious with himself.

"thanks for the hint Hagrid" Rigel said smiling.