Chapter 19

Rigel was sitting in Ron's room on his bed trying to figure out how he felt about his grandparents death. he didn't feel sad well he did but not enough to cry. did this mean he was a bad person after all he had only met them the once. his train of thought was broken by Ron and Harry entering. "are you ok" Ron said sitting next to him. "surprisingly ok" Rigel said. "why" Harry asked. "its hard to grieve over people you barley knew i only met them once" Rigel said. "they disowned my Aunt Andromeda for marrying a muggle born wizard so i never saw them" Rigel said. "but apparently they were horrible parents" Rigel said. "sounds like it" Ron said. "my Aunt said she and my mother and my aunt cissy were always under pressure to be the perfect heiresses of the house of Black and that they were tougher on my mum then the other two" he said.

"why is that" Harry asked. "my mother was the oldest the first born expected to make a respectable pure blood marriage and continue the Black and Lestrange pure blood lines" Rigel said. "and she certainly did that" Ron's aid before laughing. Rigel giggled at Ron's comment. Harry just looked confused. Ron and Rigel had always been close but now they seem to be closer but had no idea how close the two had become.

Life at the Burrow was as different as possible from life at Malfoy Manor and Riguel was glad if ti wasn't for the fact Uncle Lucius had threatened to get the law involved he would have never stepped foot in Malfoy Manor. being alone with Ron was hard especially since Harry now slept in the same room as the two boys so they found it much harder to be alone but when they did they enjoyed their time together talking chatting eating sweets playing wizards chess and kissing. Plus he had gotten late birthday presents from his Aunt Andromeda his Uncle Ted and Tonks. they explained in a letter that they didn't send them, on the actual day was becuase they thought Lucius would destroy them. knowing his uncle he thought this was a very good possibility.

Rigel heard from Hogwarts one sunny morning about a week after he and Harry had arrived at the Burrow. He and Ron and Harry went down to breakfast to find Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Ginny already sitting at the kitchen table. The moment she saw Harry, Ginny accidentally knocked her porridge bowl to the floor with a loud clatter. Ginny seemed very prone to knocking things over whenever Harry entered a room. She dived under the table to retrieve the bowl and emerged with her face glowing like the setting sun. Rigel smirked he knew she fancied Harry.

he sat down next to Ron and smirked at her. "Letters from school," said Mr. Weasley, passing Harry and Ron and Rigel identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, addressed in green ink. "Dumbledore already knows you're both here, boys doesn't miss a trick, that man. You two've got them, too," he added, as Fred and George ambled in, still in their pajamas.

For a few minutes there was silence as they all read their letters. Rigels told him to catch the Hogwarts Express as usual from King's Cross station on September first. There was also a list of the new books he'd need for the coming year.

SECOND-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 3  by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

43 Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Fred, who had finished his own list, peered over at Rigels.

"You've been told to get all Lockhart's books, too!" he said. "The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher must be a fan - bet it's a witch."At this point, Fred caught his mother's eye and quickly busied himself with the marmalade."That lot won't come cheap," said George, with a quick look at his parents. "Lockhart's books are really expensive..."."If you want i could pay for it ive got more than enough money" Rigel offered. "thats very nice of you to offer but we,ll manage and well be able to get most of Ginny things second hand" molly said. "Oh, are you starting at Hogwarts this year?" Harry asked Ginny.