Chapter 30

In no time at all, Defense Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favorite class. Only Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin."Look at the state of his robes," Malfoy would say in a loud whisper as Professor Lupin passed. "He dresses like our old house elf. " Rigel took his wand out while reading his textbook and sent a small jink that knocked one of the legs off Draco's stool making his cousin fall off his seat causing many to laugh.

no one else cared that Professor Lupin's robes were patched and frayed. His next few lessons were just as interesting as the first. After Boggarts, they studied Red Caps, nasty little goblin-like creatures that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed: in the dungeons of castles and the potholes of deserted battlefields, waiting to bludgeon those who had gotten lost. From Red Caps they moved on to Kappas, creepy. water-dwellers that looked like scaly monkeys, with webbed hands itching to strangle unwitting waders in their ponds. Rigel has also informed his head of house he could now perform the patronous charm meaning he could defend himself against himself against dementors. she agreed he could leave the castle  for Hogsmeade but not for the qudditch games.

Charms was still one of his best subjects and found the work both challenging and fun. Professor Flitwick even had him teaching some of the other students including Fred and George. he was also enjoying ancient runes and Arthamancy and still got surprised when Hermione would appear out of no where. he also found time to meet up with Ron in the owlry to have some alone time together.

as it approached October Rigel began to enjoy the coolness of the weather enjoying the peace and relaxation of the Gryffindor common room. Rigel was reading a book by the roaring fire. Rigel hadn't noticed how tired he became and fell asleep and began to dream.

....................................................................................................

Rigel saw a baby in a crib in a rather large nursery. He went over to touch the baby's cheek but it was like he was touching a ghost. he heard a door open and turned and saw a beautiful woman enter. the woman walked over to the crib and picked up the baby. "how is my brightest star" she asked smiling at the baby she was holding. the baby gigged at the woman's touch. "Kreacher" the woman called.suddenly in a pop a house elf appeared. "yes mistress Bella" the old elf said smiling. "me and Rodolphus have matters to attend to and while we are gone you will look after Rigel do i make myself clear" she said. Rigel went wide eyed and turned to the woman. this woman was his mother Bellatrix Lestrange. "of course kreacher look after master Rigel as if he was his own" he said. "good" she said before handing him the baby and leaving.

the scene then changed to Rigel standing in a nursery to standing in a lavish living room. "i still cant believe  that you two gave birth on the same day" a voice said to Bellatrix and a young blonde woman who he believed to be his aunt Narcissa. "where are the children" a woman asked. "in the lounge room mother playing" Narcissa said. he saw Bellatrix checking her pockets. "Bella whats wrong dear" Druella asked. "its probably nothing but i cant seem to find my wand" she said. "you left the manor with it" a man said. "thank you rodolphus im well aware"  she said. suddenly they heard crying coming from another room. the four adults got up in a hurry and left with Rigel following. when he entered he saw two baby's and a play pen with a burnt whole in it. Rigel saw the blonde baby crying and the dark haired one waving a wand and starting small fires and smashing things.

"oh draco whats wrong" Narcissa said picking up the blonde baby whos face was red from crying. "at least we know where my wand went" Bellatrix said. "well would you kindly control your demon spawn before he burns down the house" Lucius said. "dont you dare call my child demon spawn" Rodolphus said. "at least are son isn't a potential squib lucy dear" Bellatrix said. Rigel saw the baby pouting and pointed the wand at Lucius and suddenly a small fire started on Lucius cloak. Lucius screamed and baby him started to clap and giggle. Bellatrix walked over and picked him up and took the wand from Rigels hand. "good boy" she said before kissing his forehead.