Chapter 12

Quirrell, however, must have been braver than they'd thought. In the weeks that followed he did seem to be getting paler and thinner, but it didn't look as though he'd cracked yet.Every time they passed the third-floor corridor, Harry, Ron, Rigel and Hermione would press their ears to the door to check that Fluffy was still growling inside. Snape was sweeping about in his usual bad temper,which surely meant that the Stone was still safe. When ever Harry passed Quirrell these days he gave him an encouraging sort of smile, and Ron had started telling people off for laughing at Quirrell's stutter.

Hermione and Rigel, however, had more on their minds than the Philosophers Stone. Hermione had started drawing up study schedules and Rigel spent most of his free time revising.Harry and Ron wouldn't have minded, but Hermione kept nagging them to do the same."Hermione, the exams are ages away.""Ten weeks," Hermione snapped. "That's not ages, that's like a second to Nicolas Flamel.""But we're not six hundred years old," Ron reminded her. "Anyway, what are you studying for, you already know it .""What am I studying for? Are you crazy? You realize we need to pass these exams to get into the second year? They're very important, I should have started studying a month ago, I don't know what's gotten into me". Rigel was busy going over his third year charm books. "come on Rigel stoooop" Ron whined. "i cant Ron im going to be doing the third year charms exam and ive got to makes sure my notes are safe from Fred and George" Riguel said.

The teachers seemed to be thinking along the same lines as Hermione and Rigel. They piled so much homework on them that the Easter holidays weren't nearly as much fun as the Christmas ones. It was hard to relax with Hermione next to you reciting the twelve uses of dragon's blood or practicing wand movements and Riguel making you practice your charms work. Rigel felt on the verge of a break down. the four spent most of their three time in the library trying to get through their extra work.

"I'll never remember this," Ron burst out one afternoon, throwing downhis quill and looking longingly out of the library window. It was the first really fine day they'd had in months. The sky was a clear,forget-me-not blue, and there was a feeling in the air of summer coming. "Ron if you want i could help you" Rigel said. "r-really"  Ron said. "yeah ill go get my notes from the dorm just dont go sharing them" he whispered to him. Ron nodded and Rigel left .

as Rigel left Gryffindor tower with the notes he had back to the library he bumped into Draco and Blaise. "hello cousin" Draco said. "if it isn't the boy who tried to kill me hey Blaise" Rigel said to the boy beside Draco. "hello Rigel" Blaise said to Rigel while winking. "what do you want Draco" Rigel asked. "is it a crime to talk to my cousin" Draco asked innocently. "it is when your cousin tried to cripple you" Rigel said pushing past them. "would you like to study with us" Blaise asked. "no thanks ive already got study partners" Rigel said. "yes i noticed a mud blood and a blood traitor if your not careful some people might think your a blood traitor as well" Blaise said. "just as i was beginning to like you you insult my friends" Rigel said pushing past Blaise and going back to the library.

as he got back he saw the three getting ready to leave. "hey Ron here are my notes" Rigel said handing them to him. "T-thanks" Ron said. "so guys anything happen when i was away" Rigel asked. we got invited to Hagrids" Hermione asked. "want to come" Harry asked. "wish i could but all i want after this is a nice warm bed for a nap" Rigel said. "its ok we understand that" Harry said. "completely" Ron said. "thanks for understanding" Rigel said before leaving.

Ron couldn't help but smile as Rigel left. he admired his friend his creativity, his kindness, his beautiful black hair. Ron shook his head of these thoughts. "are you alright Ron" Harry asked. "i-im f-fine" Ron said. "you sure" Hermione said. "I SAID IM FINE" he shouted before running out of the library. he ran into the boys bathroom and into a empty stall and ran into it and began to cry feeling nothing but disgust with himself "boys dont date boys its vile and disgusting and sick" Percy's voice rang in his head. all this did was make him cry more.