Right Now

Anne pulled into the hospital car park. She looked over at Harry, seeing he was asleep again. She tapped his arm a few times until he woke up, feeling groggy.

"Mmmm...what?" He slurred, opening his eyes slowly.

" we're here, love. Come on let's get you inside".

She opened her door and got out, scooting around to the passenger door, opening it and helping Harry out.

Once inside the hospital, she checked him in, and they sat in the waiting area. It was quite busy, so they expected to have to wait a while.

However, before he was called to see a doctor, Harry suddenly fell forward off of his seat onto the floor, shaking violently.  People around them moved out of the way, as Anne sat next to him, shouting for help.

A nurse and a doctor had rushed to his side, asking Anne to move over. It was horrifying for Anne to see her baby boy in such distress.

After what seemed like hours to Anne, but was in fact about 3 minutes, his seizure had stopped. His eyes stayed shut, his forehead dripping in sweat. He'd been placed on a trolley and was being wheeled into a private room.

Doctors were doing various tests, while Anne sat nervously near him, tears flowing freely.

An hour of tests and scans later, Harry starts to wake up.

"Mum! Mum!"

" it's ok baby, I'm here! " she cried, his hand in hers. "You had another seizure, they've done tests and a scan. I'm waiting for the doctor to come back. How are you feeling?" She asked, concerned .

Harry sat up, rubbing his head. His face looked very pale. "I feel sick!" He placed his hand over his mouth.

Anne grabbed a nearby bowl and placed it under his chin, as Harry vomited hard into it. She hated seeing him being sick, as she knows how much Harry hates being sick.

He threw up again, sweat pouring down his face. He sat back against his pillows and started crying.

"Hey darling! It's ok, don't cry. We'll get you sorted out ok?" Anne cuddled Harry and he wrapped his arms around her.

The door to his room opened, and the doctor walked in looking concerned.

"Hello Harry. I'm doctor James" he walked over shaking Harry's hand, and sat down.

"Right!...let's see...yes. I'm afraid your scan shows that you have epilepsy. You're going to have to take some anti epilepsy drugs to control it. You may need to make some changes to your lifestyle too." He explained .

Harry slumped further into his pillow, wiping his wet cheeks with his palm.

"What could've caused this doctor?" Anne asked.

" Well...looking at your medical records, i see that you haven't had a head injury, or such like. It can be difficult to attain just what causes it. Is there a history of epilepsy in the family? " he asks.

"No...nobody has had it." She replies, rubbing Harry's hand.

"I'd like to keep Harry in for a day or so, so we can run more tests and keep an eye on him while he starts on the drugs, is that ok?"

" Yes, yes of course! Can i stay with him though? "

"I think that can be arranged. Don't worry, we'll get him fixed up and home soon." He assured her.

" thank you doctor" Anne said, shaking his hand as he rose and left the room.

Anne hugged Harry and kissed his cheek. She got a tissue out, wiping his tears and handing it to him to blow his nose.

"Why me?" He whimpered.

"I don't know my love" she had tears on her cheeks too.

"Try and rest, I'll go and phone Jay quickly. Is that ok?" She asked him.

" Yeah! Ok. Love you Mum " he said as he closed his eyes.

"Love you too baby!" She walked out the room and headed outside to call her best friend.

" Hello Anne, how's Harry? Jay asked as she picked her phone up after 3 rings.

"Oh Jay! He's in the hospital. He had another seizure, they've done a few tests and a scan, he has epilepsy!" she started crying again.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry love, please don't cry. Do you need me to come there? Or bring you something? "

"No...no...I'm fine, it's just a shock. I never even thought he was ill. He's been sleepy lately, but i just thought it was because he'd been staying up late, chatting. God I'm a bad mother!" She cried.

" Enough of that! You are NOT a bad mother. You're amazing. I don't want to hear any more talk like that. You listening?"

"Yes...I'm sorry! Just got myself in a state!" Anne said trying to calm down. " can you tell Louis, but tell him not to worry. I'll keep you both updated. I better get back to him now. Love you Jay! "

" yes, i will do. Love you too, take care my love"  Jay replied and hung up.

Anne had gone back to Harry's room, to find him sleeping, looking peaceful.

She was feeling pretty tired herself, so she took the opportunity to sit down and grab 40 winks.  It didn't take her long  before she fell asleep, hoping she would wake up to find it was all a bad dream.

Poor Harry. Xx