The Chain

(A/N Omg! Harry at the Met gala last night! Wow! How bloody gorgeous is he? I wanna marry him and have millions of babies with him! ... Anyway... On with the story!)

Louis' POV:

There's no change in Harry's condition. He's still unconscious.

Anne and I have been at the hospital all night. Harry's operation is scheduled for 8am. It's currently 7, and i don't think either of us slept a wink last night.

The nurses have done their pre op assessment, and everything is good to go. Now we just have to wait.

---

7.45am

Harry is all set. Anne spent fifteen minutes alone with him, talking and brushing his hair, now it's my turn. Not being morbid, but i need to tell him how much i love him, just in case.... No Louis...he will not DIE!!

I'm sat next to him, these chairs are so uncomfortable. You'd think they'd at least give you soft cushions to sit on.

Harry's right hand is being held tightly in mine. He feels warm, i bring his hand up to my lips and gently kiss it.

"Harry...i hope you can hear me..." I whisper close to his ear. " you mean the world to me. I'd be nothing without you. You are the most beautiful, caring, kind, intelligent, cute, strong, happy, loving man. I've been so lucky to have you in my life. I want to spend the rest of our lives together, together til we are 100 years old. You hear me? You are going to get better. We will live together forever. We will get married. We will have children. We will be the happiest couple in the world. Thank you for being in my life, for choosing me, for loving me, for making me happy, even through the tough times. Please come back to me. Be strong my love. I have to let you go now, i will see you soon my love. I love you so much! " i finished my little speech.

Tears are flooding down my face, as Anne walks back in. I stand up and face her, she's crying too and she pulls me into a hug.

We stand there comforting each other for a few minutes, before a porter comes in to take Harry away. We both kiss him and then he is gone.

We decide to go and get some breakfast, neither of us have eaten properly for a long time. So we head off to the canteen, which is thankfully quiet at this time of the morning.

Anne sirs across from me, she reaches her hand over and holds mine, i look up, both our eyes are watery.

"He'll be ok Lou. He's tough." She whispers.

" Yeah. He'll be fine." i say, hopefully.

We eat in silence after that. I keep looking up at the clock on the wall. His operation is meant to take four hours!

Neither of us want to leave the hospital. Just in case something happens, we need to be here for him.

---

10am

I must stop looking at the time. It won't make it go any faster. There's no news so far. No news is good news, right?

11am

Still nothing.

12pm

That's four hours. Still no news.

1pm

We're starting to worry a bit now. Why is it taking so long?

2pm

We see a doctor heading our way, and we both stand up quickly. My heart is pounding. Please let it be good news.

"Anne...Louis please sit down!" He says.

Please no!

"I'm so sorry...."

God no! Don't say it!

"We got all of the tumour..."

Well...that's good isn't it?

"But..."

Shit!

"I'm afraid Harry suffered a stroke."

Fuck no!

Anne grabs my hands and squeezes it tight. We both start crying again.

"H-how? W-why?" She stutters.

" we think his brain was under too much stress. It happens sometimes I'm afraid. "

"What will this mean for him...is...is he disabled or something?"

" We need to do more tests. We don't know the exact extent of the stroke. He will have lost movement on his left side, and his speech will be slurred, but that depends on the level of the stroke. " he explained. "He's still in recovery, then will be moved to intensive care. I'll let you know when you can see him."

" Thank you doctor. " Anne said. I stayed quiet, trying to get my head around this. Why do bad things happen to my Harry? It's just not fair.

I get up from my seat and walk to the wall, thumping it hard, i scream then fall to the floor, crying my heart out.

Anne sits next to me and pulls me into her arms. "Louis love, please don't do this to yourself. We don't know how bad it is yet." She's rocking us back and forth.

" I'm s-scared Anne. I love him so much! " i wail.

"I know love, i do too." We sat in the floor together, crying for ages.

---

4pm

Harry is in intensive care. We're finally allowed to see him, but we can't stay long.

"Hi love. How you doing?" Anne says. I sniff.

" You're such an attention seeker eh Harry?" i joke.

We sit and talk to him for an hour, before we're told we have to leave now. We say our goodbyes and leave the room.

I love you Harry 💖💖💖

Epilogue is next...
I will probably do a sequel depending on whether readers want one.
I'd like to carry on Harry's battle

Thoughts?

All the love xxx