Two Of Us

The following day...

Louis' POV:

God...i'm so tired. I slept like a baby though. I needed that, i could do with a few more hours, but Mum had called me down for breakfast.

I went downstairs, after using the toilet, and saw Mum sitting at the kitchen table. She looked up with a massive smile on her face.

"Good morning Lou. Sleep well?" She seemed very happy.

" Err..yes! Morning! Why are you so chirpy today? " i asked.

"Sit down love." She motioned to the chair and i sat.

" Well...i have some news! I got a call last night from Anne. Harry said your name! Isn't that wonderful? "

"Oh my god really? He's remembered me? I need to go!" I got up quickly , but Mum grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Lou! Slow down love! It's early. We can go after lunch yeah? Have a morning together, have some food then go after. Harry's got his speech therapy at 10.30 anyway."

I sighed. I'm desperate to see Harry.

"Ok. Sorry. I'm just so happy." I got up and hugged my Mum.

"I know, sweetie. Me too. How about we go shopping, see if we can buy Harry and Anne something nice?"  Mum said.

" That's a great idea. I'll go up and get dressed. " i rushed upstairs and quickly jumped in the shower then got dressed.

I went back downstairs to find Mum already waiting for me. I put my shoes and coat on and we went to our car.

---

Back at the hospital...

Harry's POV:

God this is so frustrating. Why is it so hard to get my brain and mouth working together? My brain wants to say these words, but my bloody mouth doesn't!

"Harry...listen to Ed please. He's trying to help you." Mum said.

I honestly feel like crying...or screaming at my Mum!! I'm trying, i really am. I'm tired and hungry and fed up and want to go home!

"Harry...concentrate!"

That's it! I burst into tears, pulling at my hair, what's left of it! I'd forgotten that part of my head had been shaved for my operation. When i felt the bald patch, i cried harder. I started hitting my face. Mum grabbed my wrists and pulled my hands down.

"Harry, stop! Please! I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to shout at you. Please calm down. I was hyperventilating, Mum wrapped her arms around me.

" Harry...you need to try and calm down. Take slow deep breaths. " Ed said from the other side if the bed.

"T-t-tire-d" i cried out and buried my face in Mums chest, she rubbed my back.

Eventually, i calmed down, my breathing evened out, but i still cried and could feel myself falling asleep.

"I think we'll leave it for now Harry. Try get some rest. I'll see you later. Bye Anne!" Ed said and left.

I fell asleep.

---

Louis' POV:

We're heading back to Harry's room...I'm so happy and excited to see him. We knock on the door and open it slowly.

Anne is sat next to a sleeping Harry. I'm a bit sad that he's asleep, but i can wait a while to see him. Anne looks up at me and my Mum. She looks like she's been crying. Oh god!

"Anne honey! Are you ok? Has something happened?" Mum raced over and hugged her best friend. Now I'm worried.

"He was doing his speech therapy. He's finding it hard. He got so frustrated and upset. He was pulling his hair, and hyperventilating. He tired himself out so much, they had to stop. It's breaking my heart Jay!" She wiped some tears away.

I looked at Harry. He looks so peaceful. I sit next to him and hold his hand.

"Harry....it's me! I got you a present. Wake up so i can give it to you." I whispered.

Harry twitched and his hand squeezed mine. "L-l-loo-eee?" He said.

" Anne, Mum! He's waking up! "

They both looked over at us, just as Harry opened his eyes. "Hello love!" I said, smiling.

" L-l-loo-eee. " he pointed at me and smiled. "Lou-eee!"

" yes love, it's Louis! " I grinned and kissed his hand.

Anne and Mum both smiled at us.

"Do you want your present?" I asked Harry .

He nodded.

I got my bag and pulled out a box. I put it on the bed in front of him and he smiled.

"Open it." i instructed him.

He picked it up and took the lid off. He pulled out an ipod. He looked at it carefully and then at me, as if asking what it is.

"It's an ipod Harry. Ive put lots of your favourite music on it, to help you remember. Is it ok?"

Harry looked at me with tears in his eyes. "T-tha-nks." He said.

"You're welcome." I bent down and hugged, him. He returned the hug. I felt happier.

I plugged the earphones in and put one in his ear, one in mine and pressed play.

Fleetwood Mac played and Harry closed his eyes, taking in the wonderful sound. We sat next to each other listening to the music, while Mum took Anne out for a coffee and a chat.

After a few tracks i noticed Harry humming a long to the music. I gasped, but didn't say anything. It was wonderful to hear. This means he remembers these song. That's so amazing! This is the best present ever, for him, or me!

Yay!

All the love xxx