More Than This

Harry woke up screaming, sat bolt upright, his body soaking in sweat.

His bedroom door flew open, smashing on the wall behind it...Anne ran over to her son, throwing her arms around him, trying to calm him down.

"Harry...oh my god Harry! It's ok baby" she cried, "it's ok love, I'm here!" She rubbed his back. He was hyperventilating and shaking slightly. He looked like he'd seen a ghost.

He got out of her grip and ran to the bathroom, falling at the toilet, as he threw up last nights dinner. Anne sat behind him, crying.

After emptying his sore stomach, Harry sat back against his Mum. He was still crying and shaking.

"Harry love...what happened? She asked, worried.

"N-nightmare!" Was all that he could reply with, as he threw his arms around Anne.

" Shhhh... " she whispered, as she put her fingers through his hair. "Let's get you back to bed".

They got up slowly and went back to his bed. His sheets were soaked with sweat.

" Baby, I'm gonna put you in my bed, ok? " she asked.

"Hmmm...."

She laid him down in her bed, tucking him in. "You ok baby?" .

"Mum..." He sniffled. " can you sleep with me...please? " he practically begged, as his tears continued. He was exhausted.

"Of course, my love!" She replied, getting in next to him. They cuddled, as finally Harry's sniffles ceased and he fell asleep.

---

Harry woke up in his Mum's bed, alone. He got up and walked downstairs, seeing Anne in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Hi Mum!" He said as he gave her a cuddle.

"Morning love" she replied. "You want some Breakfast?"

" Please, I'm starving" he sat at the table, and Anne placed a plate in front of him, and a cup of tea. "There you go...enjoy!" She smiled, patting his shoulder.

Harry tucked in. Anne sat down next to him with a plate of toast.

"Harry...do you want to talk about last night? About the nightmare? It might help to talk about it".

Harry put his fork down, looking sad. "I-i was killed...a car hit me!" Tears formed in his eyes. Anne took his hand and rubbed his knuckles with her thumb.

"Oh Harry!" She pulled him into another hug. He was crying again. "It seemed so real...i-i woke up and i couldn't breathe...i thought i was gonna die for real!" .

"I think...maybe we should go see the doctor about these nightmares. You can't keep going through this" Harry nodded. "Ok...I'll make an appointment for Monday. Try not to worry". She gave him a smile and stroked his hand.

---

Harry was laying on the sofa, staring into space. Anne thought he was watching the tv, but he didn't even have a clue what was on. He was feeling totally fed up.

His phone pinged.  He leaned over to the coffee table, and picked it up, looking at it.

Lou: Hey H! Just wondered how u r? U up for a vistor? I have crisps and chocolate! 😁

Harry hesitated. "Mum...Louis is asking if he can come over...can he?

" of course he can. He can keep you company while i pop to the shops, if that's ok with you? "

Harry smiled. "Yes, thanks Mum!" He hadn't smiled for ages.

Me: Hi. Yes b great 2 c u. Come over whenever. 👍

He put his phone back on the table, getting up to get some drinks. Getting 2 glasses and a bottle of cherry coke out of the fridge, taking them back in the living room, placing them on the table.

*knock knock*

Harry answered the door, to see a smiling Louis, arms full of goodies.

"Hey love!" Louis beamed as he bounced in through the door, he always seems so happy.

"Hi Lou! Come in why don't you!" He grinned, following him.

Anne greeted Louis, before leaving to do some errands.

The boys sat next to each other on the sofa. Louis leaned over and hugged Harry.

"How are you?" Louis asked.

" Oh...you know! " he sighed, opening a bar of chocolate. "Been better!" .

"Are you back at school Monday? Everyone's missing you!" Louis asked, hopefully .

"Mum's making me a doctor's appointment, so I'm not sure if I'll be in Monday, hope i get back soon though, I'm missing loads of work". He answered.

" Oh...what's the appointment for? "

"Nosey!" He laughed. " Well...I've been having really awful nightmares. Mum wants to see if it's connected to the epilepsy ". He said, the smile faded.

" oh god...sorry mate! Are they really bad then? " louis looked worried.

"Yeah, but i don't wanna talk about them...not yet anyway, sorry" he was biting his nail.

"It's ok...I'm here if you ever want to though. I'm here for anything ok. Don't forget that!" He said as he grabbed Harry's hand.

"Thanks Lou!" Harry replied, he threw his arms around Louis ' neck and they hugged. Louis could tell Harry was crying, so he rubbed his back gently.

They sat hugging for a few minutes, until Harry had calmed down.

" Ok love? " Louis asked, looking into Harry's bloodshot eyes.

"Guess so" he sighed. "Sorry, bet you wish you'd stayed home now!"

" Oi! no! Don't say that! You're my best friend and i care about you so, so much! I'd do anything for you! I just want to be with you! " Louis spoke quickly, blushing.

Harry looked at Louis, whose face was now bright pink, and smiled.

"So glad you're my best friend. " He admitted.

Louis smiled and hugged Harry, not wanting to let go.

"Think we should watch a dvd now!" Louis coughed.

Harry scanned through Netflix, deciding on Titanic. The got cosy on the sofa, and the film started. It was one of their favourite films to watch together. It always made them cry, though they tried not to.

An hour into the film and Louis was asking Harry if he wanted another drink, but got no response. He looked down at Harry, who was laying with his head on Louis ' lap, and saw that he was asleep.

'He looks so beautiful when he sleeps' Louis thought. He smiled as he ran his fingers gently through Harry's curls. He feels so emotional for Harry, he's always been protective of him, like a big brother, but lately, since his diagnosis, his feelings have got stronger.

'Stop it!' Louis mentally slapped himself. I can't have those sort of feelings. He sighed.

'Nothing can happen!'

Sorry if this was rubbish
All the love xx