Epilogue

(A/N: I'm not a medical genius, and have no idea if any of this is correct. It's fiction, so if you see something that isn't right, please don't go on about it lol. Read on and hopefully enjoy! All the love xxx)

It's been a week since Harry had a stroke.

He's not woken up yet, his brain suffered quite a trauma during the operation, the doctors put him into an induced coma.

Louis' POV:

"Anne, Louis..." The doctor says as he sits opposite us in his office. "We're taking Harry out of the coma today, as you know." He told us this fact yesterday, saying he is ready.

"we're going to do it at midday. You won't be able to be with him when we do it, but it should go to plan." he smiled.

"Then what happens?" Anne asked, a wobble in her voice.

"we'll do some tests tomorrow, to see the extent of any damage and how bad the stroke is. We'll start chemo in the next week or two, depending on how he is."

"Thank you doctor."

I sat there quietly, still not believing that this is happening.

We leave his office and make our way to intensive care.

My heart breaks every time i see him, laying in that bed, hooked up to monitors and a breathing machine. As i sit down, i can't help but cry.

"Louis love. He's gonna get better ok!" Anne says quietly . I wipe my eyes on my sleeve and sniff. I really don't know if that's true. We can only hope.

---

Midday came around slowly. We were asked to go to the waiting room. I feel sick!

I had to leave the room quickly, running to the nearest toilets, i fell down to the floor and threw up my breakfast into the loo. I sat on the floor for a while, before heading back to Anne.

She looked up as i walked him, looking worried. "Louis...are you ok? You're as white as a sheet!" I shook my head and sat next to her, she wrapped her arms around me.

"Anne...Louis would you come with me please?" a young nurse asked as she popped her head around the door. We looked at each other nervously and headed off, following the nurse.

She showed us into a new room. Harry was laying in the bed, no tube in his mouth. That's good!

The doctor came in. "Good news. He came out of the coma ok. But he will probably sleep for a while. His body has a lot of recovering to do." We nodded. " now we just need to do tests tomorrow, and take it from there. You can stay for a while, no rush." he said as we thanked him, then he left.

We hugged each other for a few minutes, before settling down next to Harry.

---

The following day. Harry had been having tests for quite a while. Anne and i waiting impatiently, pacing his room, biting our nails.

Eventually Harry was brought back in, followed by the doctor. "We've done tests, we need to wait for some results, but initial results are looking good." He smiled. We both let out the breaths we'd been holding.

Two hours later the doctor returned with news.

"Good news. It wasn't a severe stroke. With a lot of physio and therapy he should recover well. Now...I'm not saying it will be a full recovery. Time and patience will tell. You need to be extremely patient."

The doctor left and we talked about what would happen once we're home. A funny noise came from Harry's throat. We both turned quickly to him.

"Harry! Harry love! It's Mum and Lou, can you hear me darling?" Anne cried. Harry moaned. He eyelids flickered , and slowly opened.

"Harry! Hi baby. Can you hear me?" I asked, my voice shaking.

He turned his head slightly. "Mmm...Lou...Mmmum" that's right love" Anne said, tears falling from her eyes.

"How you feeling?" I asked, squeezing his hand tightly.

" T-tired" his eyes drooped.

"Get some rest love. We'll be here when you wake up." Anne said, as Harry's eyes fell shut.

---

"Are you sure we have everything?" Anne asked as i finished packing Harry's bag.

" Yes. I've double checked everything. Let's get out of this place! " i say. I just want to get out of here for good!

I put Harry's bag on my back, as Anne grabbed hold of the wheelchair handles. She started pushing Harry out of his room and down the corridor.

"Say goodbye Harry!" Anne said as we came to reception.

"B-bye!" Harry said loudly . The nurses had all grown to know and love Harry. His doctor came up and wished him and us well. Reminding us to come back for his physio and chemo, it's not like we're going to forget that!

---

Back at home, we've just got indoors, Anne wheeled Harry over to the sofa and i lifted him out and sat him down. "There we go. Back where you belong!" i Smiled. He smiled back, a wonky smile, due to the stroke.

Anne bought us some drinks over, i helped Harry with his juice, he couldn't grip properly yet, he needs to get his strength back, and he drank with a straw.

His drink dribbled down his chin, i took a tissue and cleaned him up. There's going to be a lot of this to come, and Me, Anne and my Mum will get him better again, i promise!

                               THE END.....

Soooo there we go!

I will do a sequel...but i really want to finish my other stories first, as I've been neglecting two of them. Hope you understand.

Thanks for any comments or words of encouragement.

All the love xxx