13

13
hyunnnjin_hwang has sent a message!

hyunjinyo, where are you? sent at 7:33 a

hyunjin
yo, where are you?
sent at 7:33 a.m

hyunjin
I'm by myself cos the others left me
sent at 7:33 a.m

hyunjin
are you late to class? or did you wake up late?
sent at 7:33 a.m

hyunjin
bell just rung gotta go
i better see you around
sent at 7:35 a.m

<--->

areum
felix

felix
yes, ma'am

areum
hold up, never mind

<--->

maci
ew. literally. i would hate
myself if i fell in love with him

maci
he's not my type

areum
alright, you do you and
stop ranting to me about eunwoo
i never cared if you liked him or not

maci
blah blah blah blah
whatever

areum
your giving me a headache
just give hyunjin a chance please?

maci
if there's one thing you should know
is that I don't fall in love with people
they fall in love with me

maci
sorry but hyunjin doesn't have the
chance to be my boyfriend

areum
and you dont have the chance
to own a heart

<--->

"where were you this morning? are you okay? did your alarm not wake you up? do you need some more rest? did you eat breakfast? what about using the bathroom.. did you do that too or did-"

"hyunjin," areum laughed, "i'm fine. i'm here now. that's all that matters." however, he didn't miss the look of disappointment in her eyes. hyunjin wanted to say something, but he bit his tongue from doing so.

all he could do was focus on class until the bell rang. he shot up from his seat, straight, and grabbed areum's hand before she could leave.

areum paused, looking at him with a strange look, but hyunjin only gave her a slight smile.

"follow me," he muttered, walking ahead of her as he slightly, but gently tugged her along with him. the both of them passed by felix and seungmin who were also in their classes. the three exchanged confused looks, but that was it because areum didn't get a chance to say anything to them.

hyunjin was glad that areum didn't say anything. all he wanted to figure out what was wrong because he didn't want to see her sadness get the best of her.

"do you want to know what's funny? people get scared of tiny spiders for no reason, but we're like double the size of them," hyunjin rambled, an attempt to lift up the atmosphere. by then the two were heading towards the library. a quiet place.

areum blinked. a small smile beginning to crawl on her lips as she watched hyunjin say some more nonsense.

"and did you know that it hurts me to see you not smile?" he stopped in his spot, turning around to fully face her. he gave her a sad smile. "i don't like it when you're sad because it pains me to see that you're not happy. i should be the one making you happy, right?" although areum was always the one making him smile, hyunjin wanted to see her smile because of him too.

areum pursed her lips a little. "it's okay, hyunjin. don't blame yourself, okay?"

"but i need to know what's wrong," he practically begged, close to whining. "what's bothering you?"

there was a brief moment of silence. the two stared at each other for a while, both not saying anything. if areum were to protect hyunjin, what would she do? if hyunjin was to know the truth, what would he do? both were stuck in a small situation of their own, yet not knowing how twisted both of their truths were.

after a few debates to herself, areum opened her mouth, "you." another brief moment of silence that surrounded them. "but you want to know why? it's because i can't stop thinking about you."

and hyunjin took it the wrong way.

author's note
I made a wallpaper for my home screen cuz I got nothing to do

jisung is a cutie but ya know sometimes he just attacks me at random times and - yeah :D

I don't know how to stay loyal no more

UPDATE: just got out of school.
— October 14, 2019
3:25 pm