24

24
*time skip to friday*
<--->

hyunjin gently held maci's hand in his as he smiled sweetly at her. it had been a few days since they announced how they were dating and he felt like he was on cloud nine. or so he thought he was.

it was hectic trying to convince maci to go out on dates with him as she would always decline his sweet offers. sometimes maci didn't even have an excuse to why she didn't want to go.

but the main excuse was her dad. oh how hyunjin didn't like her dad. maci's dad was a grumpy old rich man with a love for money and wealth. he didn't like hyunjin because apparently maci was supposed to marry some other guy that was a rich ceo.

still, maci begged with tears for hyunjin not to leave her since she convinced him he was the only person she had left. and so hyunjin trusted her. he gave her his time, but he felt as if it was wasted for nothing.

also, maci avoided his kisses. she only accepted kisses on the cheeks as she claimed she wasn't ready for it. hyunjin was patient with her as he felt that she didn't want to rush their relationship too quick. he respected her.

"so.. how was your day today?" hyunjin asked her, trying to break the silence, but maci only pursed her lips and shook her head. it was quiet again before she spoke up.

"i.. i have a lot of things to do today after school. i'm sorry, hyunjin," she said to him with no emotion in her voice. she avoided his eyes in fear of hurting him deep down inside. "if you could meet with me another time then that would be great."

hyunjin stopped in his tracks. he stared at her with an unclear expression on his face, but from his eyes she could tell he was hurt.

"when will it be another time?" hyunjin gloomily muttered to her and maci felt guilt tripping her. "i just want to take you out and enjoy each other's company. i want to treat you like a princess. i- what is wrong?"

maci gulped. if hyunjin knew the truth then he would hate her. somehow her feelings for him weren't true. she dated him because she didn't no how to decline him.

"i'm a bitch, aren't i?" she chuckled, but there was no amusement in it. maci didn't know why tears flooded her eyes, making her view momentarily blurry for a few seconds.

it wasn't long till hyunjin came quickly by her side to wipe her tears away with his two thumbs. a worried look crossed his face and he softened up a little.

"what's wrong? tell me," he demanded with more concern. "please? because i need to know."

maci shook her head, a smile breaking on her lips as she covered her face with her hands, embarrassed. she was overwhelmed with everything, and it was hard for her to control her feelings if she talked about it.

all she knew was that she had to hide her real emotions and feelings from everyone, including hyunjin. it was selfish, but she was scared.

hyunjin looked even more upset. what was it with him that he couldn't get maci to trust him? he wondered if he was being a good boyfriend to her. his heart clenched at the thought of not being the perfect one for her.

"it's okay," he told her with a bitter smile. "just get whatever you need to get done after school." and slowly, he turned his back to her as he left her standing in the halls of the school.