19

19

<--->

areum
can we meet?

hyunjin
where

areum
park

<--->

areum
alright we're going to the park

felix
ok good
have fun distracting him for us!

areum
yeah whatever :)

<--->

areum put her phone in her back pocket as she got ready to leave. her home was so quiet that she could hear the loud chatter box birds outside her window. she wondered what the other boys were up to now that they got her part done.

she opened the door to her house and began her walk to the park. the childhood park that she and hyunjin would always play in when they were younger. it held a special place in both of their hearts as that was where they first met each other.

six-year-old areum was new to town when her parents got a new job that required them to move. she was a shy little girl when it came to meeting new people so it took her a while to open up to hyunjin. hyunjin was loud and very energetic.

they met at the park when areum's parents took her out for a small stroll. they were going out as a family, seeing their new neighborhood. she saw hyunjin playing with other kids that were older than him.

when he first saw her playing on the swings by herself, he ditched the friends he made to play with her instead. however, areum was stubborn and quiet so she didn't say much to him at first.

there would be times where he would want to play tag with her, but areum was shy which prevented them to get along well in the beginning.

hyunjin wouldn't give up though. so each week on fridays, areum would play at the park by herself while he watched from afar. his friends noticed how strange he was acting because he was usually the enthusiastic one out of the group, but it changed.

to befriend areum, hyunjin used his parent's money to buy some chocolates for her. he made sure that he also put his name on the box of chocolates so she knew his name.

his name was scribbled messily at the top right corner, but it was legible enough to read for a six-year-old who didn't care about neatness.

having courage, hyunjin gave her the chocolates, but he was extra worried she would reject them. he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, but he wanted to be friends with her.

at that time areum was upset at her parents for choosing work over her, but she was cheered up because of him. so that's how their friendship first started.

chocolates.

areum smiled to herself at the memory that she remembered clearly. deciding to stop by a nearby convenience store, she bought the chocolates that were still sold today for him.

"maybe he'll remember," areum muttered under her breath. she pulled out the loose money she received from her parents to pay for her chocolates. after she was done paying, she continued her small journey to the park.