42

42
<--->

the sun came out in the sky, scaring the people awake as it shined brightly. areum, in particular, was struggling to get up. the bed felt too comfortable that it made her fall into deep slumber.

it wasn't long till hyunjin pinched her arm, making her whine in protest as she yawned. areum opened her eyes to see him hovering over her as he stood at the side of the bed, watching her in amusement.

"bout time you woke up," hyunjin murmured. he walked over to the long black curtains that wiggled in the air, sliding each one to their destined sides. "chan and sowon are downstairs preparing breakfast. i might as well wake you up now before you miss any fun today."

"oh yeah," areum hummed, rubbing the sleep away from her eyes. "today marks the first day of our break. what are we doing today?"

hyunjin shrugged, turning back around to face her. he waddled over, stepping around the pile of their shoes. "that is private information. sowon won't tell us what we're going to do today. now i'll let you have your own privacy to get ready for the day. see you later."

hyunjin waved at areum, then reached over to push her head back. areum scrunched up her nose as she slapped his hand away. she thought hyunjin was actually being nice for once, but he was being an annoying brat like usual.

"whatever," areum mumbled under her breath, beginning to crawl out of bed as she threw the sheets off of her. "giant."

<--->

"do you hear that? it's the sound of my heart breaking," hyunjin chuckled at himself.

areum was halfway down the stairs, and she stopped when she heard hyunjin's obnoxious laugh. somehow, the sound of his laughter brought a gentle smile to her face. it was good to hear him laugh a lot. that's when everyone knew hyunjin was having a great time and was energetic.

"don't be dumb!" this time it was minho's voice who entered areum's ears. "jeongin's just cracking eggs."

by the time areum reached the floor that everyone was on, she held in a laugh when she saw jeongin's frame be wrapped around with a pink apron. he made it look cute on him, which she thought complimented him well.

"and he's doing a poor job," sowon cackled when a piece of the egg shell fell into the bowl. for breakfast, they were having scrambled eggs with rice and kimchi for 'dessert'.

chan closed the refrigerator door slowly. his upper lip was tucked into his bottom lip as a very unsatisfied expression crawled on his face. sowon noticed what was wrong and questioned him, but chan shook his head and went over to help jeongin crack some more eggs, being careful about having no shells in the bowl.

"areum!" felix chirped brightly. he waved his tiny little hand in the air as he smiled at her. she walked over to him, sliding into the empty seat that no one had confirmed yet. "you have something on your face." felix pointed it out as areum sat down next to him.

"what is it?" areum asked, frowning a little. she was sure she washed her face thoroughly to leave the sleep away. maybe he was pointing out how puffy her face was. having a puffy face in the morning was terrible for areum. she didn't like it. before her hand was able to touch her face, felix grabbed it.