35

35
<--->

"what makes you think i will tell you?" areum smirks at him, wiggling her index finger at him as mischief lingered in her eyes. "i'm not going to tell you when i had feelings for him. anyways, we still need to go find him."

changbin was disappointed that he wasn't able to find out her secret. he frowned a little and followed a very slow areum. changbin watched as the girl struggled to walk a step, and he worriedly rushed over to her to help her.

"i promised chan that i wouldn't let you fall, come on," changbin chuckled, letting her lean on his side for support. areum gave him a huge smile again and the two walked down the hall to find hyunjin.

it was silent as they walked. nothing much to say as areum was focusing on her small steps while changbin was thinking about sowon. it was always sowon that was in his mind after he had seen her at the library. he remembered how his heart raced badly when he saw her brown eyes, the ones he was used to seeing long ago. the sparkle in her eyes haven't changed one bit, but sowon matured well. she grew up beautifully, and changbin was once again intrigued by her.

and it hurt him badly that he wasn't able to talk to her like normal without holding small feelings for her. he hated falling in love with her in the first place.

"oh?" areum suddenly exclaimed, "it's hyunjin!" the girl tugged on changbin's sleeves to get his attention. she was pointing at the tall hunched over figure, and changbin turned his head to look at the direction she was pointing at.

he and areum quickly ran over to him, but being careful in their steps as it was necessary for the fragile girl. hyunjin's head perked up at the sound of footsteps approaching him, and he was glad he was done with crying because, by the time areum and changbin came over to him, his tears were all dried up. he hoped they didn't see how red his eyes were after crying and the puffiness as well.

"hyunjin!" changbin grinned upon seeing the boy. "where did you go? you had everyone worried, especially this one." he nudged areum who was silently inspecting hyunjin. when his gaze landed on her, the same guilty feelings rushed to him, but he tried to dismiss them as he smiled at her.

"why? i was taking a small walk, so there's nothing to worry about," hyunjin replied, but it seemed odd to areum because she knows he doesn't like hospitals. changbin nodded his head slightly at that.

areum turned her head to changbin, whispering to him, "can you leave me alone with hyunjin for a bit? i want to speak with him quietly." changbin smirked at her, and then he winked before leaving the two alone. as soon as he left, areum approached hyunjin with an emotionless stare.

hyunjin, confused, asked her, "what?" he couldn't control how fast his beat was racing because he was all of a sudden nervous at how close she was stepping towards him with no emotion in her eyes. areum still said nothing and simply punched the boy on the shoulder. he grimaced at the impact as his hands immediately hovered above the part where areum had hit him.

"ouch-!"

"you had me worried!" areum told him, "where did you go? are you not hungry? why did you leave the room without telling anyone? how long were you here?"

hyunjin quietly watched the girl scold him, and an amused smile crawled on his lips when she glared at him. he knew areum looked adorable when she was angry so he couldn't take her seriously. not saying anything else, he pulled her into a hug, interrupting her in her other questions. "i'm fine. i'm okay. it's you i should be worried about."