45

45
*flashback*
<--->

once the gate opened, he was allowed to go inside the house. the house, or shall we call it a mansion, was generously big enough to fit about a thousand people. now, he hadn't come here before so he was lost at his own directions, trying to figure out how to get inside.

with a gravel path and small pebbles spread all over the ground to create a pathway up to the porch of the mansion, there were colorful, vibrant flowers sticking up from the ground. the place was breathtaking, but he didn't want to admire it as the resent he felt was stronger.

swearing to himself, he ran a hand through his black hair. "she said she would meet me out in front of her house. where is she then?" it wasn't like him to come to her home. he would never come here, even if he was invited to go to her party, which was coming up soon.

"you're here?" her sickeningly sweet voice chimed from behind him.

he turned around, taking a deep breath. "yeah, and i need to tell you something."

she raised a sharp brow, smirking at him. "you didn't take my threat as a hint that you should never come close to me?"

"just do something for me," he narrowed his brown eyes at her as he inched backward when she approached him. "that's all i'm asking for. will you listen to me or will you coward off?"

"coward?" she chuckled. "i'm not one, but why don't you come inside first? i'll get one of my maids something for you to drink."

he scoffed. he knew better than to enter her house. she wasn't one his trust list. "no thanks. i'll just say this quick. on your birthday party, please break up with hyunjin. do something that would get him to hate you. i don't want to see him fall in love with a fake person like you more."

she smiled a little, but inside her heart was breaking at his words. fake. was she fake? did she appear fake? fighting off the bitter feeling inside her, she rolled her eyes.

"alright. i will. it was about time i leave him," she muttered, eyes sparkling. "do you think felix will take me now?"

he sneered at her, "you leave felix alone too." without saying anything else to her, he left her standing there, alone.

<--->
*present time*

after eating, everyone went to their bedrooms to clean up for the day. areum grabbed her blanket off the bed and tugged it, bringing it close to the edge to fold it over her arm.

"i'm putting this in the wash to get a better smell," she told hyunjin when he gave her a questioning look. she laughed softly. "do you want me to wash yours too?"

hyunjin grinned, easily snatching his blanket off of the bed. "i'll come with you." and so, the two were stuck in the laundry room, washing their blankets.

"what time is it right now?" areum asked hyunjin as they both waited for their blankets to finish washing in the washing machine. she sat on the chair with her knees brought up to her chest as she put her chin on it. her eyes trained on hyunjin as he glanced at the clock up in front of him.

"it's almost eight o'clock at night," hyunjin responded. "why?"

areum smiled at him. "want to go on a walk with me? i bet the others are sleeping right now so it's easier to sneak out without them catching us."

hyunjin was fond of the idea of them sneaking out to just walk on the beach. a casual stroll was something he needed right now to clear his mind. he was struggling to keep himself together as he couldn't handle the endless thoughts that crossed his mind back and forth.