Four

The sun protrudes through my eyelids, waking me up instantly.

"Wake up sleepy head, it's time to go whitewater rafting!" Sierra says gleefully.

"Whitewater rafting? I thought this was supposed to be a relaxing trip." I yawned.

"Yeah, I just thought that maybe we could have one day dedicated to adventure, and then relax the rest of the week. Only if that's okay with you, of course." She said.

"Yeah, that's fine with me. I actually never been whitewater rafting. I'll be ready in a little bit." I said as I got out of bed.

"Okay, by the way, I made us both breakfast." Sierra said while walking out.

I smiled to myself. Seeing her happy makes me happy. I wanna ask her out now, but I want it to be special. It needs to be the right moment and the right time. Everything has to be perfect. We've only been in Tennessee for two days. I want to ask her towards the end of the week.

I pick through some clothes and throw them on. I walk down the stairs and into the dinning area. The whole downstairs area smelt like pancakes and bacon.

"Here you go." Sierra says, handing me my plate.

She handed me a plate with a big pancake with a smiley face on it. She used two blueberries for the eyes and a piece of bacon for the smile. I let out a little laugh at the art she made.

"Is it too cheesy?" She laughs.

"No, it's adorable." I smiled.

While eating breakfast, Sierra went over the agenda she had planned. First, we are going to go hiking on a trail that will lead us to the whitewater rafting place. After that, we are going to go out and eat somewhere. Then, we plan on coming back to the cabin.

"Okay, you're ready for the great outdoors?" She asks.

"Yeah, I am." I responded.

We grabbed our bags filled with extra clothes and hopped into the Jeep. We drove 30 minutes before we made it to the trails. We hiked for about 15 minutes before we made it to whitewater rafting. We had to sign in and wait in line before we could get a raft. We made it to the front of the line and placed with four other people. Our instructor explained all the rules and fundamentals of rafting before placing us in our gear and bringing us out to the water. The water wasn't really rough at the start, but it gradually got rougher the further we went.

We changed into dry clothes after we were done whitewater rafting. It was very fun, and I would love to go some time again. Sierra really enjoyed it. She was smiling and giggling the whole entire time, which made me enjoy it even more. Just seeing her smile fills me up with happiness. Seeing her smile is such a gift, a gift that I would love to have for the rest of my life.

"So, where do you want to go eat at?" Sierra asks.

"Oh, it doesn't matter. Wherever you wanna go." I responded.

"C'mon, Luke. I'm not doing this for me, this is all for you. This trip is for you. So you choose what we do." She smiles.

"Well, I did see an Outback Steakhouse a couple miles away from here." I said.

"Don't you hate outback? I thought you said it was the worst representation of Australia's food." She questioned.

"It is, but I'm starving so I'll eat whatever." I laughed.

"Alright, outback it is."

We ate at outback and then went back to the cabin. The sun was starting to set as we made it back.

"Luke, come see!" Sierra yells from the back of the cabin.

I walk over to the back patio area where she was. It was the perfect view of the sun setting behind the mountains. It's like something you would see in a movie or a painting. Is was breath-taking.

"Wow, it's beautiful." I said, pulling Sierra into me.

"I know. The world is so beautiful, yet so many people destroy it. I mean, in a couple of years, these trees probably won't even be here." She sighs.

"Yeah, it's sad, but let's not sulk about it now. Let's enjoy this view while it lasts."

She nods her head and stares out into the sunset. I look down at her, admiring her beauty. Gosh, I would love to do this everyday.