Fourteen

Luke's pov

"I've been waiting for this moment." She said as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"I never realized how much I missed your touch until now. How did I go two years without it." I smiled.

I pulled her closer to me, taking in her scent. It brought back so many memories. All the times we spent together, just laying next to each other, enjoying each other's presence.

"Luke, I have to tell you something." She whispered.

"What is it?" I asked, turning all my attention to her.

"Well, I.. I..."

"Luke, Luke sweetie wake up." Sierra said while shaking me.

"Wait, please tell me!" I screamed while jolting out of my sleep.

"Umm, tell you what?" Sierra asked curiously.

"Oh, nothing. It was just a dream." I shook my head. Why did I have a dream about Ally, and why did Sierra have to wake me up from it?

"What was it about? It obviously seemed very important." She questioned.

"It was just a stupid dream, Sierra. Get over it." I snapped.

"Ohh, I'm sorry." She whispered, putting her head down in shame.

"Wait, I'm sorry, babe. I didn't mean to snap at you." I rushed over to her and hugged her. "I'm really sorry. That was really rude of me." I kissed her forehead and pulled her in for a hug.

"What's gotten into you, Luke? You always seem so out of it, like there's something on your mind. You've changed ever since we... well... ever since you saw her." Sierra frowned as she pushed me away.

"Wait, what do you mean? Ever since I saw who?" I asked.

"Don't act stupid, Luke. You've been acting strange ever since you saw Ally when we were in Tennessee. It's like she's all you think about. Is that true? Are you thinking about her? Do you still like her?" Sierra asked.

"What, no! We had this talk before Sierra. Why would I like her? You know what she did to me. I almost killed myself because of her. She ruined my life, Sierra. Why would I ever think about a girl who hurt me? Why won't you believe me when I tell you that I'm over her." I raised my voice.

"Because your actions don't show it! You say you're over her, but yet you're always zoned out and daydreaming. How am I supposed to believe you when you've been distant? Answer that for me, Luke!" Sierra screamed.

I stood there and thought about what she said. It's true. I have changed ever since I saw her. I keep trying to convince Sierra that I haven't, but we both know that's a lie. I still like Ally, even after all the shit she's put me through. I've tried to convince myself that I was over her, but I can't, cause I'm not over her. I still love her.

"Well, Luke, are you going to answer me?" Sierra asked.

I pulled her into me and kissed her. She tried to pull away, but I pulled her in closer. It took her awhile to finally kiss me back. I pushed her against the wall, kissing her harder.

"I'm sorry, Sierra. I really am. I've been an absolute dick. I have been thinking about Ally, but not the way you think. I keep replaying that night in my head. The night where I almost took my life because of her. Seeing her brought back that memory. That's why I've been so distant and out of it. Seeing her put me back in that dark place." I lied.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Luke. I didn't know." She said.

"It's fine. You didn't know because I didn't tell you, and I'm sorry for not telling you. I just didn't want you to worry about me, but I made things worse by not saying anything." I can't believe I'm lying to her.

"Can we start over and act like this never happened?" Sierra asked.

"Yeah, I would like that." I hugged her.

I can't believe I lied straight to her face. I should've told her the truth, but I can't. I don't want to hurt her, but she's going to find out soon, and that's just going to make everything worse.

My phone started ringing in my pocket. I pulled it out to see who was calling, my jaw dropping once I saw who it was. It was Ally.

"Who is it, Luke?" Sierra asked.

"Ummm, it's just Michael." I lied again.

I threw my phone on the bed as it continued to ring.

"Aren't you gonna answer it? Or maybe decline it?" Sierra pondered.

"Uhhh, no. Michael hate when I decline his calls, so I just let them ring until it goes to voicemail. I'll call him later. I want to spend time with you right now." I said pulling her into a deep kiss.

I can't believe I lied to her again. I'm making this whole situation worse than what it was.