two

Westbrook, Morgan

"It's the failures that build us up for the future

"It's the failures that build us up for the future. Don't give up."

"Aye! Let's stop at the gas station around the corner! We running low!" Turk yelled out over the engines as we all lined up at a red light.

I nodded and when the light turned green, we all drove to the gas station. When we pulled in, everyone parked by the gas tanks except for me since I didn't need to fill up right now. My bike was better on gas than theirs were and I had filled up before we even began the drive. Turning my bike off, I kicked the stand down and got off of it. I walked into the store with the crew to see if they had some hot chips.

Searching the aisles, I noticed someone with a fat ass looking at drinks. Women always caught my attention and this shawty had on booty shorts and a throw over. Acting like I was getting something to drink, I walked over to the coolers and opened the glass next to the womans. My eyes narrowed when I realized it was the woman from the bar two nights back. She looked different, maybe because her hair was no longer flat ironed, but in a ponytail and now curly.

"Hey." I called out to her. "Aren't you the woman from the bar? Janet, right?"

She took her attention from the drinks and looked at me. "Yeah, and you are the woman who helped me up from the ground. I never caught your name though."

"Folks call me Ink."

Janet chuckled as she shook her head. "Mhm, but what is your real name?"

"Ink!" One of the dudes, Spider, called out looking for me as he walked over to us. "We finna head out in a few. Let's go."

"Alright nigga, damn. Give me a minute." I rolled my eyes. He shook his head and walked away. "Now, what were you saying lil mama?"

"Janet." She corrected me. "My name is Janet, and they call you Ink because of your tattoos?"

She was feisty, that did nothing but make me want her more. This woman had caught my attention the moment I caught sight of her. It was the reason I helped her, if she was a ugly broad she would have stayed on that damn ground, no cap.

Licking my lips, I nodded. "Yeah, I got the most ink outta everybody in the gang. I got tats everywhere."

"Really? You seriously don't have room for anything else?"

"I mean..." I bit my lip. "I can find room for your name if you want."

Janet giggled. "You're cute, but no thanks, Ink."

Taking no from a dime like her was the ultimate L for me. I refused to leave this store empty handed when it came to this woman. Nah, Ink don't take no damn L's.

"Okay, how about this, ever rode before?"

"What? A bike? No."

I replied. "Let me ride you out somewhere."

She grabbed a Gatorade and let the cooler close as she declined again. "Nah, I'll pass. I'll see you around, Ink."

Following her to the counter, I leaned against it as the man rung it up. "Come on ma. It'll be fun. I could take you wherever you want to ride."

Janet looked at me and chuckled. "You just don't give up do you?"

"Nope. Especially not with someone as beautiful as you." She smiled softly and I smiled back. "Ah, was that a smile? Okay, I'm getting somewhere. Come on, just a ride."

"Ink, no thanks." She let me down gently again.

When she went to leave, I called out. "At least take my number if you change your mind."

She took a deep breath as she turned around and pulled her phone out of her back pocket. "I am not going to change my mind, but here. Have at it." She unlocked it and I smiled as I typed my number in and saved the contact, making sure to text myself so I'd have hers. Once I finished, I handed her phone back to her. "Bye Ink."

"Bye for now lil mama."

Janet walked out of the gas station and I followed, going in the other direction. She got into a brand new Lexus as I got on my bike. We were both looking at each other and I blew her a kiss causing her to smile and roll her eyes. I broke the eye contact as I started my motorcycle up. Hitting my kick stand back up, I backed up and joined the gang who were waiting on me.

Spider smirked at me and I shook my head as I started the line off. I drove off first and everyone followed me as we made our way to the highway. Tonight we decided to grace Vegas with our presence. The ride would be quite a long time, but it would be worth it. Chicks out there was mad easy to get in bed, especially when they seen our rides.

We rode for a hour and thirty minutes before we saw the city of lights appear in our horizons. I smiled to myself as we rode through Old Town. We parked on the curbs, and got off as we began walking down what used to be known as the Strip back in the day. Spider came up on side of me as he nudged me. "How'd the shit go in the gas station?"

"I got her digits." I bragged.

He was the closest I got to a brother in the Mileage Club. Spider and I had a little sister/big brother relationship and everyone in the gang knew it.

"You are crazy as hell. Turk still mad that she curved his ugly ass."

We both laughed before I shrugged. "Wait til I hit the road with her fine ass sitting behind me. His ass will be livid. She played hard to get, but I think I got her."

"Oh you letting her ride Derby?" He asked in reference to my bike.

I nodded. "Yeah, she seem mad different Spider. I'll let her ride whenever she wanna ride. She can ride a few other things too though."

His face scrunched up. "You nasty as hell."

"Spider! Ink!" Some ladies called out to us causing our heads to turn in their directions. It was Sasha and Kamora. Those two stayed occupying Spider and I when we hit Las Vegas.

Licking my lips, I rubbed my hands together as I asked. "What's up ladies?"

Kamora came over to me and placed her hand on the side of my face as she whispered. "It's all up to you daddy, what you doing tonight?"

"Well shit, hopefully you."