ten

Westbrook, Morgan

"Never act on impulse, sometimes it isn't good."

I pulled up to my house and internally cursed when I saw Janet's car in the driveway. Opening my garage, I pulled my motorcycle in as she got out the car. When I turned the loud engine off, she was in the garage with me.

"Thought you would be home tonight." Janet told me questionable.

"Something came up." I spoke but it came out muffled for my helmet was on my head. Janet lifted a eyebrow and pulled it off of my head. Her eyes swept over my face before she shook her head and walked into my house. I quickly mounted my bike and followed after putting my garage down.

When I found her, she was leaning on my kitchen counter holding a towel with ice in it. She held it out for me and I grabbed it. When I did, she spoke. "You lied to me."

"Not really. I mean technically—."

"Technically you promised you would leave it alone and you broke that promise."

"I said I'd leave him alone, not that woman. She put her hands on my kid, not to even think about anything else they've done before."

Janet rolled her eyes. "So your grand solution was what exactly?"

"To fight that hoe. She shouldn't have put her hands on my child."

"Okay Morgan, lets think this all the way through because apparently you aren't." She began explaining herself. "You fight the lady, you beat her up. Let's say you then proceed to have to leave Rylie with the lady you just beat up and your more than likely pissed off baby father. It doesn't work out in Rylie's hand of cards Morgan. I need you to think about shit like that. Not to mention the custody case that's more than likely messed up over this."

My face furrowed. "Custody case? What are you talking about?"

"My friend told me that Rylie gets a say in if she wants to stay with her father or not. Jen told me to just opt a new judge and get a new case. She said she'll pick it up."

I shook my head. "With my record? I don't think that's a good idea."

"What could have been that bad that they take Rylie from you this late in her game?"

"My parole officer found weed in my backpack that I was holding for Spider."

Janet's face went blank. "Weed? Why would that be that big of a deal when we are in Vegas and—."

"I got arrested for possession with intent to sell."

Her eyes widened some before nodding. "Ahh. Makes sense. You sold drugs, Morgan?"

"No. Never. I brought a car, in my name but it was for Elan. He was out of town and I drove it to Vegas. I was speeding and I got pulled over. They found coke in the backseat under the seat. Couldn't say it wasn't mines because technically it's my car, with my name on it and I'm driving it."

"So you just took the charge?"

"Yeah. Pretty much. I haven't ever did many drugs, other than a little bit of weed before I had Rylie but after that I stopped. Didn't want her to remember her mom like that, but it seems I can't get away from that fact."

Janet shook her head. "Not true. Rylie is amazing. You did great with her."

I smiled softly. "Thank you."

She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me. She kissed my lips before mumbling. "You're welcome. Now to this case, I need you to stop being so reckless so we can get Rylie back."

"We?" I asked in shock. "You're going to help me."

"Always. I'm always going to help you." She replied and I caught her off guard when I kissed her again. This woman was different, a woman I don't want to leave me.

Her arms wrapped around my neck as we began making out. She was sucking on my bottom lip as my arms snaked around her ass and picked her up. I sat her on the kitchen counter as we continued kissing.

This kitchen always got us into situations.

We came up for short air as I moved some of her hair to the side and began sucking on her neck. Moans left her lips when I found her soft spot. My hand began to unbutton her pants and when I did she spoke. "Morgan—." I slid my hands into her pants and she whimpered. "Morgan, look we need to talk."

"Jay..." I placed a stray kiss on her neck. "You really want to talk with my hand in your pants right now?"

"Yeah. I do." I massaged her through her panties and she moaned softly. "So s-stop doing that." When I went to take my hand out she grabbed my wrist. "Leave it."

"Okay. Let's talk." I mumbled back and a smirk broke out on my face when I felt her throbbing against my fingers.

"Cheating is out of the question. I don't care what you did before but after this happens, it stops. I'm not going through that again. The hoes on the strip better not ever approach me saying you've been with them after this point on. Morgan... I would hate to show you how crazy I can get so just don't make me have to get there."

"I won't lil mama. You got my word."

"I don't want your words, I want action. Show me." I took that as my sign to continue and went to slide my hands into her panties but her phone began ringing. She picked it up from the counter and sighed. "I have to take this. I'm sorry."

I retracted my hand and replied. "No, go ahead."

She nodded before answering. "Hello?" I watched as her face turned sour. "Excuse me?" Janet shook her head before saying, "What the hell do you mean? You sent her by herself? On a fucking plane?! You are— bye." They must've said something else because Janet frowned. "Of course I'm going to pick her up! That's my damn baby!" She hung up and hopped off the counter.

"What's wrong?"

"My sister sent my niece out here. By herself. She's only fifteen. I don't know who in their right minds sends a child to Nevada alone. I have to go get her from Bullhead." She grabbed her purse and came over and kissed me. "I'm sorry, rain check?"

Nodding, I spoke. "Yeah. Rain check. Let me know when you two make it home."

"I'll call tonight. Promise!" She yelled as she walked out my front door. I went and made sure she made it to the car before shutting it and locking it.

Turning around, I looked up at the ceiling and asked, "Are you serious? I couldn't even get a little bit of it?!"

"Nasty!" Rylie's voice yelled from upstairs and it caused me to jump.

"You supposed to be sleep!" I yelled back.

"Oop! Night mom!"