Chapter 2:

Song: powerglide- Rae sremmurd

 A/N: I feel like this song fits the entire mood of this chapter- Enjoy! ^

Chapter 2:

I debated for a while whether I should confess everything to Grace in order to make this mission a bit easier. After a few minutes, I came to the realization that I trusted her with my life. She was always there to support me whenever I needed her.

So, after I filled her in about what our Alpha told me, we decided that the head courters were the best place to go start our exploration. We knew that there were computers that contained data about pretty much everybody. The only problem was that they were hidden behind closed doors ... and we did not own a key.

Grace came up with a plan that had me cringing the entire time but unfortunately it was our best shot. We knew that Mr. Anderson, one of our teachers and the lieutenant of our police department had a huge crush on Grace. I mean, the guy was only 33 and he was really cute but Grace kept on rejecting him because no one could be better than her mate, Sebastian.

Well, today was his lucky day because Grace's clever plan was to steal the keys from poor Mr. Anderson while acting as if she is considering returning his affection. Honestly, i kept on thinking that this plan sucked and Sebastian is going to kill us, but there was nothing else we could do.

__________________________________

I waited impatiently outside the lieutenant's office, clearly doubting what we were about to do. I was second-guessing whether this was the right approach to this matter.

One thing I was absolutely certain about. Grace was taking those keys.

I passed back and forth unable to sit down. It was around 15 minutes after Grace entered the office and I was surprised it took her that long to get out. The man was head over hills for this girl but he probably was shocked by her change of heart. Maybe he even fainted and she was trying to wake him up. I giggled to myself. I am such a bad person for thinking like that.

Shaking my head I pushed away those ridiculous thoughts and started planning our next move. We had to be very careful with our actions, not raise any suspicions and get the job done quickly and effectively. One of us would have to do the search while the other one stayed behind and made sure we did not get caught... and we both knew which one of us was the one that could get us out of pretty much anything by lying... and it wasn't me.

Right as I was about to get anxious, Grace comes out with a smirk on her face.

"Look what I got!" she whispers and shows me very cautiously the keys inside her hand.

"You got them... I knew you could do it!" I say and hug her briefly "let's go. We need to hurry. The guards are taking their break in a bit" I whisper making sure no one heard us.

We start walking towards the room with the computers trying to act casual. I take a good look around not really seeing any police officers at this side of the building. Maybe it is our lucky day...

When we finally reach our destination, we come to a stop just a few feet away from the door.

"Ok. So, you are clearly going in because you are better at finding information. I'll stay behind and try to prevent anyone from coming in. Keep in mind that I might talk loudly warning you that someone is on the verge of approaching you and you must hide. I will give it my best but you have to act as fast as you can. Let's try and make it out of this unharmed" she tries to joke but I can tell she is a bit tense.

"Of course. I know what is on the line here. We can't afford to fail." I respond to her fully aware of the fact that this not just about our future in the force. This is about my future in the pack, as well. My Alpha has so much faith in me and I do not intend to disappoint him.