Chapter 15:

Chapter 15:

SONG: use somebody: Kings of Léon

Mr. Gomez was such a sweetheart. He was the lieutenant that I gave my résumé to and also one of the sweetest people I have ever met. 

He was impressed when I told him that I come from the US and that I graduated from the “ Capitol Police” academy, just like Alvaro had predicted.

Mr. Gomez explained to me that I will have to go through some exams to test my physical skills and my academic level in order to get hired. He added though, that he was absolutely certain I would be an asset to the local Spanish police force.

It’s fair to say that Alvaro and I left the police station with huge grins on our faces.

At the moment, we were walking around in a crowded human mall, holding hands, eating our ice-cream and chatting about our lives before we met.

“…and I would basically have to come pick him up from school everytime he got suspended because my mom doesn’t know how to drive. And although I was mad at him for making me his personal chauffer I was also extremely proud of the way he turned out. Till this day he is the only person always willing to help anybody.” Alvaro finished telling me about his brother, Carlos, who used to get in trouble in school for always defending other kids that got bullied. It was around the time their father died in a battle protecting Alpha Fernando. Alvaro was 18 years old while Carlos was barely 10.

“It must have been so hard for you guys to lose your dad … especially for Carlos who was just a kid at the time. He is a really kind, generous soul and I believe you had a lot to do with it” I tell him

Alvaro shakes his head in denial,“I cannot take credit for that. My mom did everything in her power to raise him as the man he is today.”

“Well, you helped. Like a lot.” I state matter-of-factly and Alvaro gives me one those smiles that have my heart going nuts.

“Well, you also helped your parents raise your siblings. Jenna told me all about it” he deadpans 

I shrug my shoulders not really seeing it that way “I… kinda I guess. We all helped each other since our parents were always away. We had to take off each other. Adrian always looked after Peter and I did the same for Jenna.” I explain to him

“That’s why you guys are so close. It’s the same for Carlos and me. All the difficult situations we had to go through made our relationship stronger.”

“Yeah, I agree. Hey, do you wanna go inside this store?” I ask him pointing at a closeby <American Eagle> store.

“What for?”

“I wanna buy you something” I state simply and drag him with me inside

“Oh, really? And what are you buying me?” he asks me playfully

“A nice shirt that isn’t black or white” I tell him with a wink

Alvaro scowls in a phony way and I continue to drag him around the store. We settle on a simple red T-shirt that suits him perfectly and I do not pay attention to his protests while I buy it for him.

“It’s a gift. I said I was buying it for you so I obviously could not make you pay for it.” I tell him while we leave the store and he nods half heartily

“Fineee….I’ll try to see it that way. But you should know that this means I can buy you anything in the world and you cannot complain about it.” he says casually

“I am okay with that. As long as it’s not anything too expensive.” I agree with him

“No promises.” he answers me in a playful tone