chapter 7:

Chapter 7:

Song: better love- Katerina Duska ( Any eurovision fans here? I've been listening to this song non-stop)

The dinner with my family passed at breakneck speed as Adrian made it his mission to keep all the attention away from me. He took the liberty of making a fictional list of the best looking females in our pack in order to choose one to date for a while. He also made us vote which one we thought might suit him best.

I swear, God send him to me to help me get away from all the uncomfortable situations in my life.

When dinner was over, I swiftly made my way to my room. Jenna and I texted a bit back and forth and she told all about her day with Jonathan. I decided to drop the bomb on her about Alvaro just because I wanted her to find out from me. I also texted Grace informing her that I had great news and I knew she was anxious to know what they were.

As I fell on my bed with my pjs on, I almost agreed with my mother's statement for the first time in my life.

She was right for the most part. She-wolves usually followed their mates in a heartbeat if they happened to come from a foreign pack. The strength of the mate bond urged them to be near their soul mates in order to start a family of their own.

So was I really that complex? Was it my fault that I wanted something more from my life? Don't get me wrong ... finding my mate and raising our own family was always the plan, even for me. I just wanted to do that after I became a police officer, when I would have a steady job that would help me provide for my pups. I wished to have accomplished something before getting married.

I was aware that my dream about my future was a bit out of the ordinary but I could not help but feel that leaving everything I worked so hard for behind would make me miserable.

My mind kept on wondering whether Alvaro would expect me to be the kind of a she-wolf that would throw herself at him without a second thought. Was he willing to have a conversation about our future with me? Or would he try to make me follow him back to Spain unwillingly?

He did not occur to me as the type to forcedly make someone join his pack. He seemed calm and collected... and sooo hot.

I wasn't even mad at him anymore. His explanation was more than convincing and I could admit that I overreacted a bit. I should have realized that he took his job very seriously, he was a Beta to one of the largest packs in the world after all. The fact that he was so focused on his duties actually made me feel extremely proud.

Moreover, he seemed sincere when he told me that he wanted me. I was afraid he might want to reject me but he actually looked hurt when I implied that he was ignoring me on purpose.

The same thoughts kept on running in my head disabling me from falling asleep, when my phone beeped and I saw a text on my screen.

A smile spread on my face when I realized that it was from Alvaro whom I secretly listed under the name 'MATE' on my phone. I quickly opened it to see his simple words that had so much power over me already.

"Are u awake?" It was half past eleven so I should be already in bed considering the fact I had another full day ahead of me in the academy.

"Nope... can't sleep ;)" I texted him back and I could feel myself getting anxious for his reply

A minute later I got another message "Me neither. Could not stop thinking about today."

I cringed, wishing he said he could not stop thinking about ME the same way he was the only thing on my mind...I decided to play coy and simply asked "Anything specifically interesting about today?