Chapter 8:

Song: Sunflower- Post Malone/ Swae LEE

Recap: "Wait... What do you mean? Haven't you told your Alpha about us yet? Hasn't he informed the pack members that you aren't mateless anymore?

Chapter 8:
He seems wounded which surprises me because I am not sure what is he talking about.
He notices my dumbfound expression and inhales deeply, closing his eyes.

He reopens them and his intense gaze holds me hostage, his voice low and hoarse. "Where I come from, we have this tradition... It is more of an unspoken rule. The minute two mates find each other, they are obligated to inform their Alpha. After that, the Alpha must carry the news to all of the pack members. That way, everyone knows that those two wolves belong to one another. This was invented as a precautionary rule. It helps put our wolves at ease." Alvaro clarifies not looking at me anymore. He clearly realized that this rule isn't being used in my pack and I think he feels guilty about the way he reacted.

I keep my eyes on him, trying to sound considerate "I am guessing you figured out by now that we do not apply that rule in our pack... but I do understand where you are coming from. I just wish you would have shared your concerns with me a bit more... respectfully."

He stares at me in that very moment and I feel like the world stops. His blue eyes are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The depth in them does something to my insides and for some reason I know exactly how he feels. I know that he is sorry... and I know he is confused...and I know he is trying to reduce his anger... and most importantly I know he feels guilty.

I grab his hand on the table and give it a weak squeeze. He intertwines our fingers and then slowly brings my hand to his mouth and kisses it softly while staring at me.

"I am so sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. I was just so nervous about tonight and then I was caught up in the moment and everything was going great and then he winked at you and ...and my wolf saw red..." He rambles and then stops to take a breath "I am older than Mateo, Dawn. I've been alone for 26 years. I convinced myself that I would never find my mate and I learned how to live with that...but finding you, here, changed everything. I realized that I was lucky enough to be given a mate to cherish and protect but I have no idea how to do that. I am going to need your help in order to learn how to be with you because I honestly do not know how."

His sincere confession has a crazy effect on me and I tear my gaze away from his. I just get him 100%. He is 26 years old. It must have been pretty unexpected for him to find me... and now he feels insecure, unsure about our future although I think he wants one with me.

I look at our hands that are still intertwined and a calm feeling consumes me. Unable to hold his gaze, I ask him the one question I was dying to ask "You said you do not know how to be with someone. Have you never had a girlfriend before?"

He pauses for a few seconds before answering me "I did. I had a few back in the day but that was a long time ago. My last relationship ended 5 years ago... and...With you it's different. I can feel it deep inside me. I already know we are made for each other but I sometimes do not know how to deal with that. In addition, my Alpha, his Luna and I are supposed to be going back to Spain in just 5 days and I do not want to leave you behind. I thought you might want to come with me..." Alvaro utters the last sentence lowly and I am glad for my advanced wolf-hearing. Finding out that he had multiple girlfriends in the past kinda upsets me but now isn't the time to discuss this particular matter. I am excited about the fact that he feels our bond just as strongly as I do but sorrow spreads through my body knowing he will have to leave me in just 5 days.

"5 days? You guys are leaving so soon?" I ask breathlessly

Alvaro nods simply "It makes perfect sense if you think about it. Mateo has been searching for our Luna for a very long time. He cannot wait to take her home and introduce her to everybody. The only reason we are still here is because Carly wanted a few days to say goodbye to all of her loved ones."