Chapter 16:

CHAPTER 16:

Song: Congratulations – Post Malone

"Felicidades"

"Congrats, Dawn"

"Congratulations!"

"You did it girl"

I heard everyone's wishes as I made my way inside the castle.

Alvaro drove me this morning so I could take the exams in the local police station.The officers,as promised, focused more on my physical abilities. I had to run a few laps under a specific amount of time and I did it without even trying. I had to actually slow down my pace because running in full werewolf speed would have raised suspicion.

Mr. Gomez was really satisfied with my aim, physical strength and stamina and before I knew it I was being welcomed to the force. We had a small ceremony where they gave me my badge, my uniform and my gun. They had no idea that in reality I was better with a set of knives, that being one of the very few things my father ever taught me.

Carlos was the first person to hug me when I entered the castle followed by pretty much everyone I had met in the pack. They were really big huggers in this family. Fiorella, my mother in law, even got emotional when she hugged me and told me that she was really proud of me. She was truly an amazing person.

"Where is Alpha Jasmine?" I asked confused some time later, since I could not see her around the huge living room

"We actually have some great news for you. Jasmine's mate woke up this morning. We did not tell you because we wanted you to stay concentrated on your task. He is doing so much better so Jasmine has been staying by his side." Alpha Mateo informed me

"Oh my God. That is excellent news, indeed. She must be so happy!" I said sincerely thrilled hearing that her mate was ok.

In the days that she was staying with us, Jasmine had become a very dear friend to me pretty quickly and I witnessed how hard it was for her to faction without her mate.

"She hasn't left his side all day. They will stay until the end of the week and then they'll have to get back to their pack" Alvaro explained to me

I froze, startled by what I just heard "They're leaving so soon?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end

Alvaro gave me a sympathetic look not wanting to let me down further more and came closer to me to touch my arm  "They have duties, mi luz. They are an Alpha couple."

"I know... I just thought... that they would be staying until her mate fully recovered." I said with a sign

"He is perfectly fine actually. His werewolf blood healed him completely" Alpha Mateo said

I nodded and drew away from my mate not wanting to draw any more attention to my now sorrow mood.

"Let's go meet Alpha Jasmine's mate in the infirmary. She specifically ordered us to bring you to her as soon as you arrive in order for her to congratulate you firsthand." Alvaro noted ,grabbing my hand and I smiled already feeling how much I was gonna miss my new friend.

We silently walked to the infirmary, Alvaro's hand playing with mine in a very comforting manner.Alvaro knocked on the door and we heard Jasmine's loud voice yell a "Come in".

As we got inside, we saw that Jasmine was sitting in a chair right next to her mate's hospital bed and their hands were intertwined as they looked adorably at each other's eyes. I was a bit taken aback by this ultra-sweet side of her, being used to her confident and cold demeanor.