Chapter 3:

Chapter 3:

Song: Team – Lorde

I wake up feeling well rested as if I slept for a million hours. I turn around and grab my phone only to realize that it's just half past nine. I really must get up and get ready for tonight. Dressing up is something that I actually enjoy doing and look forward to.

I can hear my mom's voice and I am sure she is trying to get Jenna to participate in today's ceremony. When I hear Jenna complain I know for a fact that i was right. Poor girl has to deal with all of our mother's craziness today.

I can't help but feel lucky that I am off limits. No matter how much of an honor it would be to become our pack's Luna I still would not trade it with finding my mate. There are clearly a lot of women that would kill to take that spot but are they really willing to pay the prize? Are they really willing to lose the chance of ending up with their one true soul mate?  That just seems irrational to me.

I yawn and stretch myself before standing up and walking towards my closet. I already had in mind what I want to wear tonight. A simple mid-thigh blue dress that hugs my curves will have to do.

*(THIS IS what I PICTURED SHE WOULD WEAR)

As I am about to begin straightening my hair, my sister knocks on the door and enters my bedroom

"Hey Dawn... will you fix my hair too? I can't deal with these curls" she complains and sits on my bed while running her hand through her hair

"Your curls are awesome. They just need a little help. Don't worry – Big sis has your back" I respond cheerfully

As I continue with my own mess on top of my head I can't help but notice Jenna's worried expression.

"Jenna? What is going on? You look a bit jumpy..." I comment

"Yeah... you are right... I am just nervous for tonight. Jonathan is a nice guy and all but... if he shows any interest in me I will be royally screwed. Mom and dad will annoy me to death to return his affection... But I will be turning 18 in just a few days and then I will be capable of feeling the pull of my true mate..." she pauses and inhales slowly "I want to have that choice, Dawn. I want to be able to choose to stay with my mate" she looks at me with teary eyes and I feel guilt consume me.

If I would have been Jonathan's mate she would not have to deal with this. She would be free... And she is right to think that our parents might force her to mate with Jonathan if he admits that he is attracted to her. This situation is so messed up.

I sit right next to her on the bed and pull her in for a hug trying to comfort her.

"I am so sorry that you will have to go through this tonight... but I need you to calm down, take a deep breath and listen to me. No one can make you return Jonathan's feelings if you refuse to. I will talk to dad, mom, our Alpha, even Jonathan but I will make sure you and your true mate will have a fair chance at being happy. You are not alone, Jenna."