chapter 21:

Α/Ν  I started writing a MC story called SINNER.You can check the first few chapters if you'd like.❤

Chapter 21:

Song: Ruelle- Deep End

“Start talking. Now!” I say strictly with a firm voice that holds more power than the tremor that I am actually feeling inside.

We were currently seated in the kitchen table in my 'parent’s' house. Or should I say, my mother’s and the man’s that raised me, house. Alvaro was sitting right next me, clenching my hand in his while trying to comfort me and his presence here was one the very few things that was keeping sane in this very moment.

My ‘parents’ were sitting right across from me, both too ashamed and unable to raise their heads towards
me. I had informed my brothers and sister about the news concerning our family and they all decided it was best if they weren’t around for this particular conversation.

My mother had been crying like a child since the minute Alvaro and I had stepped foot in here and Mr. Logan had been giving me apologetic looks that did nothing to calm me down.

“I was young and naïve.” My mother said in a murmur still looking down, being the first one to restore the ability to speak, “I was studying abroad, in Spain, and I was alone and free for the first time in my life so I was feeling rebellious. I met Timothy quite randomly. He was drinking his sadness for his dead wife away in a bar and I had gone there with a friend of mine to dance. We met, we fell in love and I was willing to spend my life with him and his son although he wasn’t my mate. I was so stupid back then… When I went to the US and was about to tell my parents about my decision, Nicholas came back to our pack after being away for 2 years and we found out we were mates…” she stops and finally her gaze falls on mine. Her eyes are teary and she sobs quietly before Nicholas touches her hand and she takes a small breath.

She stares at their intertwined hands before continuing, “I was pregnant. I told Nicholas immediately and he decided to stay with me and become your father. Timothy he… he did not take the news well. He was so mad; he even threatened to take you away from me. We-”

“Maybe you should have left him raise me. He couldn’t have been worse than you two.” I interrupt her  and see her flinch at my harsh words. I feel Alvaro squeeze my hand and I try to calm down only for his sake

“Our Gamma at the time used to work in the local police station so I asked him for a favor… I adopted you the minute you were burn and you instantly became ours legally. Timothy could do nothing about it. So, he and his son returned to Spain.” Nicholas explains simply as if he is not talking about what could have been my potential relationship with my father.

“Oh is that so Nicholas? How thoughtful of you to separate me from my biological father, I am almost touched. Funny thing is it now makes complete sense. I FINALLY understand why you always treated me like a fucking outsider. Because that’s exactly what I was. I was a reminder of what my mother had done to you.”

“That’s not true, Dawn. I loved you as my own. I love you like my own.” he tells me looking at me dead in the eyes and I nearly believe him.

“Right. And that’s why you made sure I had no contact with my real father. That’s why you took that away from me. And what about you, mother? Was that guilt that was eating you from the inside for all these years? That’s why you used to stay away from home all day long? Because you couldn’t bear to look at me? I bet you guys were ecstatic when you heard I was moving to Spain. You probably felt like you could breathe again.” I state with a laugh looking at both of them viciously.

I notice that they have resumed to their earlier occupation of feeling ashamed of themselves and not looking at me.

None of them says anything for a while until my mother finds her voice again, “I am so sorry. I never wanted you to move across the world, you have to know that. There were so many times when I wanted to tell you the truth, I swear Dawn. But how could I? You were already not my biggest fan hence I knew you would hate me. You hate me now and you will never forgive me… but there is a final thing I can do for you. I can take you to your father. He has been living in the US for the past two years.”