Chapter 23:

Epilogue:

Song: Ruelle- The other side

"Can you believe this day is actually here?"

"I mean, yeah. It only took us like a month to plan this so-"

"God, you haven't changed at all." Jasmine replies to me with a chuckle while tapping on her Laptop as the hairdresser is trying extra hard to perfect my hairdo. It is my wedding day after all and I have to look like a snack as  Luna Carly mentioned.

I give my friend a wide grin in response and she just rolls her eyes at me.

"You have to be at least a bit nervous. Come on, you are the bride! It is your job to annoy everyone with your need for everything to go smoothly." Carly exclaims while standing up from my bed where she was laying and comes close to where I am sitting on a stool in front of my mirror.

"I guess this stool has made my ass kinda numb. Are we almost done yet?" I ask tilting my head so I can look at the hairdresser who gives me a puzzled look and shakes her head

"Bummer." I sigh, itching to get off this uncomfortable chair and Jasmine just laughs at my tormented expression

"We probably should start getting ready, too. We are the bridesmaids after all." Jasmine says with a yawn. She is obviously really excited about getting all glammed up.

"This is going to be the only wedding with only three bridesmaids." I joke bitterly seeing my friend's sleepy state.

Alvaro and I planned our wedding in less than a month so Grace and my sister both said they couldn't make it. Grace couldn't get time off work while my sister had too many responsibilities as a Luna. Plus, Jonathan still did not feel comfortable letting Jenna out of his territory -and sight- after she was kidnapped. To say that I was upset when i found out would be an understatement. I cried hard that night to the point where I could hardly breath while Alvaro held me close and tried to calm me down. As the days passed by, I realized I actually was more angry than anything less since I would have gone out of my way to attend either one of their special days.

"Actually, the fact that you asked Jordan to be one of your bridesmaids was extremely shocking. I thought you were messing with me in the beginning." Jasmine admits taking her eyes off the laptop screen 

I smile nonchalantly at her comment and shrug my shoulders, "She is Alvaro's friend. After him and I mated, I realized I was being unreasonable and dispassionate when it comes to her. I was so jealous of their friendship that I never stopped to think about the fact that she has lost her mate. My mate and Mateo were there for her when she was at her worst and Jordan always supported them on their journeys to find their mates. So, I kinda really want her to be one of my bridesmaids although we'll never be best friends or anything." I admit truthfully

"Hey, where is she by the way? If I am going through all this hair and makeup stuff she should suffer with me." Jasmine says with a frown making both Carly and I laugh

"She texted me saying she'll be here in a minute. And she is bringing alcohol." I answer Jasmine with a wink seeing her eyes light up the minute the word alcohol leaves my mouth. Typical.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Es una belleza, mi hija. My son is a lucky man." Alvaro's mother tells me with teary eyes when she sees me in my wedding dress two hours later. (You are really pretty, my daughter)

"Gracias , mi querida suegra" (Thank you, my dear mother-in-law) I answer her while looking at myself in the full-body mirror that Carly brought into my house just for tonight. I am not a very vain person but any bride wants to look her absolute best on their wedding day and my reflection is making me extra confident right in this moment.