chapter 16 ➳ dates

The banging of the metal door closes.

I slightly flinch, metal burning came to mind.

Blood.

I close my eyes calming down.

"You okay?" Gabriela interrupts my thoughts.

"Perfect." I smile.

What the hell was this girl?

"So Gabby, h-have you ever. Like experienced any weird symptoms?" I ask her.

I'm determined to find out.

"Uhm No. Oh my gosh are you? Did you except to what Liam said? You're pregnant! Oh my gosh Kayla, okay I can get the pregnancy test, my mom works at a pharmacy down the street, I'll just tell her that you did something stupid, oh my gosh what are we naming the baby! How about a combination of your name and Liam's--" she sped on quickly as always.

I mentally face palm myself.

"Gabriela. I'm not pregnant." I breath out. The words barley audible.

"Oh, well what do you mean?" She asks leaning against her now closed locker.

"Nothing."

She clearly doesn't know what she is either.

"So. Friday." Gabriela glances me. This is the quietest she's ever been.

"Yeah?" I chuckle.

"So it was Halloween, this Sunday. And the school decided to give us a delayed Halloween bash!" She exclaims smiling brightly.

"And?" I question not understanding why I would need to know.

"And? Are you seriously Anding me? I want you to ask -- Liam!" as if on cue Gabriela turns from me as Liam approaches us.

Liam?

was she telling me to ask Liam?

"So Halloween Bash." Gabriela winks.

"I'm not going." I wink back noticeably.

"Why?" I walk off leaning against a locker, she stomps with me, as well as Liam.

"It's fun Delgado. You seriously have to let go of this bad girl image. Live a little." Liam enthuses.

Image?

Bad girl?

"I'd rather wear a white floral shirt with little girl beads across my shoulders." I say.

My mom instantly pops into my head.

She'd gotten me that shirt thinking I would love it.

I wore it.

Most of time.

I kept some of my old clothes in my old suitcase. the rest I keep outside. All dark and mysterious.

"Kayla, you'll have fun! Come on give it a shot." She smirks.

"Who am I gonna go with?" I ask hoping she wouldn't say who I knew she would say.

"I actually was thinking --" she was cut off.

"Hey Kayla." Robin Jones stood in front of us now.

His dark brown hair, light hazel green eyes, perfect smile caught me off guard.

"Hi Robin." I grin at him.

Which I hardly do to people.

"Hey, so the Halloween bash is this Friday. Maybe we should go together. Make an appearance." He smirks shifting slightly.