chapter 26 ➳ when you're gone

the ticking of the old clock makes my head move side to side in motion of the many movements.

I hear a small knock at my door, I was covered in my purple blankets, my nose was stuffy and I couldn't stop sneezing.

purple spurts of sprinkles emerge from my finger tips as well, that wasn't normal.

I get up groaning with every move. the aching of my whole body.

When a wizard or warlock or whatever magical creature you can think of gets depressed or heartbroken or sick really, they go through these stages.

But I felt guilty.

Horrible.

which made situations worse.

with my parents I was able to control back the sickness.

but this is too much.

He's too much.

I open my bedroom door probably looking like crap.

I could barley see the light burning.

"What?" I ask annoyance rising in my voice as I open it.

"Morning sunshine." Gabby jokes making me roll my eyes.

"Guys. I don't feel good." I lean my head on my door looking at Lydia and Gabriela intensely.

"But we brought you someone." Gabby smirks.

"Does it look like I wanna see people?" I sniffle my nose extremely stuffy.

"You know a 'nice to see yah' or a 'thank you! I'm happy you guys came' would be extremely nice." Gabriela complains walking past me into my room.

Lydia does the same chuckling.

I was about to close the door when I felt a hand stop it.

I turn to have his beautiful blue orbs plunge into my brown ones.

"Hell no." I mumble.

"Hey." He smiles down at me.

"C-Can we talk for a second? alone?" Liam glances at the two girls who gave each other .. the stares

they nod speeding out.

he closes the door.

"Kayla. I can't stop thinking about you." He whispers nearing me.

"I can say the least." I whisper in return. I was standing firmly there my arms crossed across my chest.

He stands there, his warm minty breath colliding onto my smooth skin.

"You're lying. I know you are." He was almost convincing himself.

"Liam. I-I have a boy I'm interested in .. I'm trying to see if it works out or not." I manage to say.

"I know. I fucking know." He says slight bitterness uprising within him.

"You have Brooke. Go with her. Look I'm really sick right now I just want rest." I whisper, his strong gaze down on me.

"Just tell me .. Do I even mean anything to you anymore?" I look down. I felt his warmth collide with my dark fear.

"Go." I look up at me.

I didn't need to answer.

I couldn't.

I cover my mouth as he turns and walks out.

I shut my eyes close hearing the doors final 'click'.

It was over.

It was finally over.