chapter 21 ➳ I'm breaking

[a/n] GUYS I SAW THE MAZE RUNNER TODAY AND IT WAS AMAZING OMFG GO WATCH IT CAUSE MY ONE TRUE LOVE IS IN AND OMFG I CRIED SO HARD .. anyway.

I finished the series in my notes and omg omg omg 😂 I can't wait for your reactions 💜

***

the beeping of the machine startles me. the noises bring me to halt.

the turning of my body, the scraping of my old black converse against the gravel floor. the body laying on the platform, the electricity of the two metal flat objects connecting to the chest.

"Come on stay with me!"

the many of doctors yell, the machine beeping rapidly then slowly.. then rapidly then slowly .. then again.

I look down at my freezing hands, they shook rapidly, I felt the slight pain in my chest. I turn too look at the body closely.

It's me.

Kayla wake up.

Wake up.

Wake up!

This isn't working.

I look past the glass window that has been parting the room from family and friends.

Liam,

Scott,

Melissa,

Lydia,

& Stiles,

all stand there. looking at my lifeless body.

Or was it my body?

It resembles someone.

Someone I couldn't quite figure out who.

Could this be a sign?

what happened?

Kayla you're so stupid.

he was here.. with me.

"What?" I ask confusion rising within me.

You did this to yourself. Sheriff stilinski brought you here. You're going to stop breathing about .. right .. now.

the loud dead beeping noise made my heart ache. the room spins.

Oh what a shame. the only good child turned out bad. Just like her brother.

his laugh was evil.

"I'm nothing like you." I yell out.

You sure about that? You even said it yourself, I need to act more like Conner. Don't lie to yourself Kayla it isn't polite.

"I-I never wanted to he exactly like you. I never wanted to kill my parents!"

His voice booms from every direction.

well I sure as hell don't blame myself for their death. I know something you don't.

I shake my head.

"Wake up Kayla you're dreaming." I hold my head.

It's not a dream.

"Shut up!" I exclaim.

Wake up Kayla.

Wake up.

WAKE UP!

"Kayla wake up" the old voice, soothing appalling feathery feeling against my ear.

I felt the hands shake me awake.