chapter 20 ➳ he's not the legacy.

[a/n] so it's been like 3-4 weeks, a month and a half maybe since Kayla moved in with Melissa and Scott so just letting you know ((:

also, just so you guys know, Robin Jones is Finn harries from YouTube ((:

Just in case you were wondering lol

Also, thank you all who are commenting. Love you guys you inspire me to write more so thanks ❤️

***

the day of the dance

November 5th

the idea that my thoughts had chosen who I 'loved' made goosebumps rise up my back. the startling feeling overwhelming me with questions I couldn't even answer myself.

"So the dance Is tonight! Aren't you excited?! I'm so excited. I can't wait! Oh my gosh what I'm a going to wear! What are you going to wear? We should match! I love the color red and blue, what about you? Oh don't answer I know you love black. Like love.." I let Gabby babble on again and again and again.

"I'm not going." I finally cut her off.

"What do you mean?!" She exclaims.

"I told Robin I couldn't go. I'm not going." I say.

I don't feel in the mood nor healthy for these conditions.

"But Kayla--" Gabs is interrupted by Liam himself.

the only person on my mind.

"Hey Kayla, can I talk to you for a sec." He asks a worried expression across his face.

I look at gabby and she nods.

I walk off with Liam. we walk into the janitors closet.

and he locks the door.

"Hey what's wrong?" I turn and he's only a few inches away.

"Not today." I whisper pushing him slightly.

We had been doing this for almost a week now.

Everyday.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." I say harshly.

"You don't seem fine." He says caressing my cheek.

"Please Liam." I look up at him.

He nods and brings me into a tight hug. I shut my eyes feeling his chin connect to the top of my head.

I felt fine.

Protection.

Warmth.

Complete.

I needed this.

I pull away slowly.

"I don't wanna hurt you. I hurt people. even when I don't mean too." I whisper.

His blue orbs reflect into my big brown ones.

"I'm willing to risk it."

his voice was soft, soothing.

"I can't. I can't let you get hurt." I whisper my voice slightly cracking.

"Kayla. I don't care. I'm here for you. I'm always here for you."

his thumb goes up and down my cheek, slipping away the slight tears with the tip of his raspy thumb.

"I can't stand to see you like this."

I can't love him.

I don't.

this makes matters worse.

"I-I have to go." I step back rushing out.

I didn't want him to feel something or anything for me.

I need to be with Robin. Maybe Conner will know I'm following the legacy and leave me the hell alone.

But I couldn't handle the idea of Liam not holding me, or telling me it's going to be okay.

His warmth against mine. his lips connected to mine. It made my heart heavy, it made it ache with such power.

I barge out of the school, angry.

Frustration.

Pain.

Loneliness.

Confusion.

"Hey, you. You looked stressed out." I heard a laugh come from a small group who were outside the school.

they sat on small benches, smoking some type of weed.

It wasn't legal whatever it was.

"Maybe you need some?" a blonde girl with pink streaks says holding a small plastic bag out.

I nod rushing over.

this is exactly what I need.

I start. the nice soothing relaxing feeling rushing through my body.

I feel as if clouds were underneath me, as if I were floating.

"Better?" One laughs.

I nod.

"Here have some." the blonde girl holds out a tall bottle of some type of alcohol.

I take some and chug.

my body consumes it, the liquid taking over along with the nice vapor seeping in.

I close my eyes, only for them to shoot open again.

my vision was off a little.

I start to forget things.

My head begins pounding with a loud siren noise.

oh no.

the image was blurry.

a tall man with dark brown hair approaches us.

"Kayla? Kayla Delgado? I know this one." His voice was shaky, I felt as if I were spinning.

"W-Who-W-Whaa?" I ask barley being able to speak. the words not coming out right.

I stand up but stumble. he catches me.

"Let's go Delgado." He scoffs.

he knew me.

he was an officer.

Parrish.

Ugh.

"L-Look. I-I d-don't n-need a-anyone." I didn't even know where I was going with this.

"Be quiet." He scolds stuffing me in the back seat of the roaring vehicle.

"W-Wait what a-about t-the--" I burp before I can finish my sentence, I get a tingle making me giggle.

"Melissa is going to be so disappointed in you Kayla."

it wasn't Parrish.

"S-She i-isn't my mother!" I say miraculously holding my hands up in defense.

"M-My mothers d-dead." I burp again hiccuping right after.

before I could hear anything of what this man would say again. I felt my eyes shut close.

the thought of Liam and disappointing others still roaming around in my empty useless brain.

***

[a/n] thank youu for commenting 😂