Chapter 31 ➳ Avoiding

[a/n] As kayla would say,

Your comments make me swoon. 😂❤️

***

December 1st

Sunday

It's been a 2 weeks since I last was haunted by Conner. and I was hanging out more with Robin.

2 weeks since I last heard Melissa's voice. the thought made me cringe, made my heart burn.

I was avoiding Liam, making short talk, if he tried talking to me.

But god,

Do I still adore him.

I make my way up to Gabriela's house, looking everywhere for the address.

She was my only support system, the only person I actually love that could cheer me up in seconds.

I can't face anyone without breaking down, she was the only one that could hold me right now.

I finally spot her outside her house talking to a tall brown haired boy. He has beautiful straight white teeth. His smile was beautiful, and she was quite awkward around him.

But it was cute.

I smile to myself just watching them from the distance waiting for him to finally go.

He kisses her cheek softly before walking away, the other direction from me.

I make my way over and give her the look.

"Oh hey Kayla." She smiles meekly.

"Hey Gabs." I say crossing my arms across my chest still giving her the stare.

"Love your outfit." She grins nervously her white short pearls shinning.

I chuckle.

I was wearing basketball shorts with a simple white v-neck with my red and black Jordan's. I had recently purchased then.

Quite fantabulous of me.

"So who was that?" I finally ask.

Who was I kidding?

"Hm Who?" She asks with fake confusion.

"Gabriela." I do the one eyebrow thing that always gets to her.

"Ugh! I hate you. T-That was Ricky. He-He's my lab partner and he stopped by and I don't know why he kissed me but it happened and Kayla i don't what to feel or do because I've liked him ever since I was 9 and he's finally noticing me but I do all the work and I'm not stupid I think he knows, Kayla --" I cut her off.

Even if she was supernatural, her tongue was never going to stop.

"Gabriela. Calm down." I chuckle.

"Don't do all the work, tell him to grow balls and be a man. He'll never treat you the way you deserve if you don't show him who's boss." I explain.

"Kayla. I'm not you. I can't do that." She whispers her eyes hitting the ground.

"Gabby. You're the ice queen, you can do anything." I enthuse making her look up at me.

"Really?" She asks almost surprised.

"Of course." I wrap my arm around her.

"Walk with me." I say as we begin walking into her huge house.

I was going to need to convince her.

__

I drag Gabriela down the road of the large plaza.