chapter 40 ➳ the story, the warning, the ending

[a/n] this chapter is just really a re - fresher and some new facts will be given!

Please get all three chapters that I updated to 10 votes for the next update!

(:

***

"It was a few days prior to my parents death, I was having trouble with control and Conner had lost his power by now. He was mad because he desired it for so long, desired to be a full warlock/wizard. I felt horrible, so he treated me like just another house painting we had. My parents were filthy rich and we had everything and he was a spoiled little brat. But they were strict and when it came to business, they meant it. My mom made Conner teach me for those 3 days how to control, with age it becomes harder and I needed to be prepared for the holding--" I was cut off by Scott.

"Kayla what's the holding?" He asks trying to get as much information.

"It's the gathering of 15 year old warlocks/wizards and parents to determine whether or not you'll be a full wizard. That's where they took Conner's power. Other then the gani practically eating him alive, he didn't make it to the trials. the holding is just a physical test, Conner didn't make it to the Mental ones, again, the trials." I explain softly.

"So he's mad, he's mad cause you got through." Stiles interferes.

I shake my head looking down.

"That's the thing." I look up.

"I didn't even make it to the holding. It was suppose to be around this month." I explain softly.

"Keep going." Deaton growls as the boys kept speaking.

"So, on October 10th I was practicing in my room and it seemed strange that I had so much control and my mom and dad had this great dinner to go to so they left but before that my mom came into see me and tell me that she loved me which I found strange. She knew it was going to happen. She knew." I finally felt the stream of tears run down my face.

"They left for their dinner and then I walked across the hall to Conners room, and I saw him packing a bag. And all I remember is him being so nervous and jumpy. He kept saying I love you and I'm trying to protect you. Don't leave no matter what. And he left with that backpack. And I needed to know what was happening so I walked into his room and found markings and pictures and all these weird things, targets. and the legacy, it didn't give me much information, but it was the legacy." I glance up to see Liam tense up.

"It was all there, but I didn't understand it. Then I found a letter. My parents were being burned alive." I go deep into my pocket.

I still had it.

I give it to scott and he slowly reads it himself.

He looks up at everyone tears in his eyes.

"So I ran. I ran until I could smell the smoke. I made it and saw them there barley breathing. The car exploded and somehow they managed to jump out but my moms head was bleeding like crazy and my dad was stabbed in the heart with some metal car part." I cry, the tears clogging in my throat.

I try calming down.

"A-And then they gave me all of their power and d-died. I then heard Conner he was mad. He told me I ruined everything and that all that power was just suppose to be his. But my parents gave it to me and just me. And I lost it, I lost control --" I cut myself off to breath.

"I lost it and he said he wasn't afraid of me but I was terrified and he tried getting near me so I-I did what I thought was best .. S-So I b-beamed him. And k-killed him." I breath out watching the faces drop.

"Or at least I thought, I threw him Into a tree and his head was bashed in, he looked dead. Then it started a couple months ago where I could hear him talking to me. Hear his and my mothers painful scream. He told me to stay away from certain people or else he would hurt them. " I look at Liam then back at Scott.

"I'm sure he did this to your mom scott. I-it was my fault and I'm sorry. And he said he would kill you if I didn't follow my legacy and I'm sorry." I finally say.

"Who's your legacy?" Deaton says.

"Robin. Robin Jones." I say softly.

"That can't be." Deaton says.

"What?" I whisper.

"I'll have to do some research. But continue please." Deaton pleads.

"Well, Last night, last night I saw him for the first time. Before it was just his voice in a scary beat up place. But this time he actually came to me. He told me--" I sigh I put my face in my hands.

I look up at all the devastating faces.

"I'm dying." I say softly.

"In a matter of time I'll be dead. And I don't want to just die knowing he won, he's capable of everything and you guys need to be prepared to fight. I love you all so much and knowing he's out of your lives forever, I'll die satisfied just please protect yourselves" I saw everyone's eyes tear up and fall.

I felt Gabriela and Scott's body next to mine cradling me.

Already sobbing.

"He said I look extremely pale and skinny to even understand, to even process anything. And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ever hurt him this is all my fault."

Then I remembered the benefactor.

I look up directing this toward Lydia.

She comes closer kneeling in front me tears in her eyes.

"I'll be okay. Don't worry." I whisper whipping one of her tears.

"Meredith, Meredith Walker. She's the benefactor along with Conner. Y-You need to stop them." I was already,

loosing my breath.

I felt myself decay.

She looks over at stiles who comes closer as well.

"Y-You guys need to be prepared for anything, I-I need to too. I can't rely on my power anymore. It's barley even there. I need something." I look over at Scott.

"I got the perfect idea, and I think the right person." He sniffles looking at Stiles who looks at Lydia, who nods.

We were in motion.

Ready for whatever would strike us.