chapter 39 ➳ explaining

[a/n] mini marathon today! (:

I'll be updating chapter 40 later and that's it for today!(:

Ugh I have school tomorrow but I'm dismissed at 12:30 this whole week!

***

January 1st

1:45 am

"You are doing horribly you know." Conner says walking around the small living room.

"How are you alive?" I whisper.

"It's a long story actually, the total truth is .. You kinda brought me back." He chuckles bitterly.

"What?" I ask confused.

"See Kayla you are so powerful you don't even know what you're capable of doing, i on the other hand would know exactly what to do cause I actually showed up to class I actually payed attention I studied my ass off for you to just come and steal everything away from me!" He begins to yell.

He calms down.

"I took in some of your power when you beamed me, that let me do a spell or two. then I was able to speak to you, you believed I was there and slowly I was taking your power. You feel weak and helpless .. like you're dying don't you? I can see the bags under your eyes and you are extremely skinny and pale. Do these people not look at you?" Conner chuckles evilly.

"So what am I dying? Are you going to kill me?" I shake my head.

"You're dying. Yes you are. In a few months maybe you'll be just another lost soul. Maybe even in weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds." He smirks not wanting to give a full response.

"So I didn't kill you?" I whisper my throat clogging with confusion.

"Oh no. You knocked me out for two days, I'm better now after 4 months. But I thought I'd pay a visit to warn you that, your time is up. You have months maybe weeks before I pull the plugs on Melissa. Either you get rid of that Liam boy or I do. Understand me?" Conner squats down in front of me explaining.

He looks deep into my eyes.

"Or. You can tell Scott and Liam to visit me." He winks smirking.

"No. Conner please no." I beg like I would when I was a child.

"How'd you become so powerful? Why?!" I exclaim loudly pushing him away.

"I've been telling you child. I'm eating off of you, the only reason that you're controlling right now is because I want you to. Understand now?" He scoffs.

I look down at my leg.

"Why'd you do that to me?" I whisper.

"If you're gonna cry about it let me just fix it." He rolls his eyes.

His eyes began glowing a dark green mixture with a burgundy.

He places his hand on my cast taking in pain.

He looked in pain from taking it but he didn't seem to care.

"There." He let's go.

I pry the cast off finally being able to move my leg around.

"Better?" He sighs trying for once to be someone good.

"Y-Yeah. Thanks." I mumble.

"Don't get too mushy. I only did it cause you wouldn't stop complaining about it in your head. Trust me sweetie I've heard you think things about that Liam boy that I wish I would have never heard." He gags.

I turn a slight red.

"Don't worry. It's done. I swear this time." I shake my head.

"I hope so. Because remember Kayla, Melissa's life is in your hands. Your hands." He smirks making me feel horrible.

"I understand." I nod my throat clogging with a sudden fear.

"so have you heard all this stuff about that benefactor?" He chuckles pacing slowly back and forth.

"Are you on the list?" I ask him.

"Of course I am. I have a friend who's helping me out." He says more slower.

"W-What do you mean?" I ask stuttering.

"Because I'm the one who made the list Kayla my dear. Well me and a good friend." He smirks.

"Who?" I ask curiously.

"Meredith Walker. She's quite the creature." He smirks.

I had met her once.

She's Lydia's friend .. only banshee friend.

I saw the door knob jiggle before I could say another word.

"Looks like we got some company." Conner smirks toward the door deviously.

"STOP. CONNER!" I scream loudly letting who ever was behind the door know that he was alive.

The door swings open revealing the gang, Scott, Stiles, Lydia, and Kira.

Liam was nowhere.

thank god.

I try I move but my leg was numb from all the power.

He had done this on purpose.

I drag myself over.

"Conner please!" I yell.

"Conner?" Scott asks his breath taken away.

"Scott. How are you? We've got a lot of catching up to do." His hands were behind his back and he was already creating some type of force power to use against him.

Anger rushes through me.

I jolt up and push him to the ground with all my power.

"Stop it!" I exclaim loudly .

I get up off him.

I mumble gibberish under my breath and zap him sending him across the room.

I run over quickly tightening my hands around his neck.

"Don't you ever mess with my only family ever again. Understand sweetie?" I mimic him.

"This isn't the last of me Kayla. This isn't the l-last of me.." He coughs slight blood as he chuckled bitterly, He disappears leaving us all there staring in amazement.

"Kayla what happened?" Scott rushes over.

"I have a lot of explaining to do. And it all started the day my parents died. And I'm really sorry that I've waited so long but Scott we need to be prepared for anything. We need to be prepared to fight."

__

January 1st 2014

10:32 am

Well that was what happened.

I haven't told Scott anything other than I'm scared.

I need to explain myself.

but I didn't exactly know how.

I sat on the old couch of our old house surrounded by the innocent people, I had practically risked their lives.

Gabriela, Stiles, Lydia, Scott, Liam, Kira, Deaton, even Parrish.

"Kayla if we have to fight you have to tell us." Scott pleads kneeling in front of me.

I began to tear up just at the thought of Conner.

I try to tell myself I'm not afraid but i am. I'm so afraid.

I sniffle and look up, ready.

They want an explanation.

I'm giving them an explanation.