86 - TESSA

AFTER A COUPLE OF hours, it became clear that the trip to the park wasn't going to happen.

Charlotte and Danny were battling the tiredness valiantly, but soon I could feel my eyes doing the same. Every time I blinked, it felt like I was closing my eyes for a few minutes my eyelids were so heavy. When I opened my eyes, all I wanted to do was close them again.

I wanted to have the conversation, but I knew we had time. I could see in Archie's eyes that he wasn't forgetting, so I just listened to the conversations going backwards and forwards. I was too tired to have it now anyway, as everything seemed to be slurred and in slow motion.

We were listening to Millie and Archie talk about what was next for WEH, and to be honest, despite how tired I was, I was hanging on Archie's every word.

So far, they had broken ground on the community centre in Downtown New York, and they were hopeful that it would be finished by June next year, ready for opening. Once that one was up and running, Archie said the next priority was London.

"Did you do the typical groundbreaking picture?" Charlotte asks. "With the shovel and everything?"

Archie laughs but shakes his head. "I was there, and we did take a ridiculous amount of pictures, but there were no shovels involved I'm afraid."

Charlotte giggles before her face goes serious again. "So what exactly is going to happen at these places again?"

"They'll be places in the community where people can come to if they want or need to escape a bad situation. We're planning to have counsellors and therapists on hand, social services on stand by, along with lots of activities to keep the kids busy."

"Like what?" I ask, finally contributing to the conversation.

"Art classes," he says with a smile. "Music, self-defence and karate for the older ones, ballet... You name it, we're going to try. There are so many kids in so many communities that have nowhere to go, and some with little or no access to education, so we just want to make sure those kids aren't left behind. So they know that they're in control of their own future, a future they can choose."

It's quiet for a few seconds as his words sink before Danny sits forward and smiles. "That's incredible Arch. So amazing what you guys have accomplished in such a short space of time. How long has this all taken exactly?"

"To be honest, we've been lucky. With the amount of resources we have at WEH, and how well the commercial projects are doing, the funding for these community centres will be basically never-ending." He smiles. "It's intimidating to think that, but it's pretty cool at the same time when you think of how many kids we'll be able to help."

He smiles at me again, but I can tell from his smile that he wants to change the subject. He shuffles towards me - probably on instinct - and points at Millie.

"What's even more exciting is Millie's school!"

Millie smiles on cue and it seems the subject change works. His smile seems easier and his shoulders relax a little. Millie beams under the limelight, of course, practically vibrating with excitement.

"Yes! I already have bookings and the kitchen isn't even in yet!" She gives a pointed look to Danny, who just laughs it off.

"Hey, I'm working on it! I've been told by the higher ups that I'm allowed these two weeks off," he winks at Archie. "But the guys are getting all the appliances in this week, so it'll be installed by the time we get back."

"Your school will be amazing, Mils. It's what you always dreamed of doing, and it's so cool it's on that estate."

I turn to smile at Archie.